Two Months & 80 Miles Later...
I am finally feeling healthy!!
(Isn't my gym *awesome*?! I love it!! I usually run on one of the four treadmills on the left. Notice the 4 TV sets... I can plug my headphones in and listen to any station I want to...I usually watch the Today show. I study and read scrapbooking magazines while I run, too! It's like I'm not even exercising!!)
What a change from where I used to be. I can remember thinking that one mile was difficult... now I run 5 miles at the gym twice a week...and occasionally run a few miles with Brad at the park on Sundays...
I have not really lost much weight but I have gained muscle. My clothes fit a little better.
The really crazy part is that I actually kind of enjoy running now. On spring break when I couldn't go to the gym I really missed it!! I always thought that Brad was crazy for enjoying running...now I am crazy just like him! When I don't get to run I just feel sluggish and lazy. I am currently trying to convince Brad to get me a treadmill (and also trying to figure out where in the house to put it) since I will lose my gym when we graduate.
Brad and I went to a health fair at school at the end of March to see how healthy we were...
We are both "normal" when it comes to weight and have good glucose (I totally thought my glucose would be through the roof because I eat so much sugar!) and cholesterol levels. We actually have the same body mass index (22.8%)! And we both have good bone density.
I am pretty proud of my body fat percentage at 22.7% (21-33% is recommended for 20-39 year old females). I know that my percentage had to be quite a bit higher a couple of months ago.
The lady that checked our blood pressure said Brad was "cool as a cucumber" but that I "must be anxious about something" because my blood pressure was high (134/74). I joke with Brad that we are not sure if he is still alive because his is always so low!
(Side note: When I told Gene and Linda about my high blood pressure they both made comments that since I have a Type A personality, that was to be expected. I don't really think that I have a Type A personality, though! Brad calls me a "shy Type A")
The chiropractor had some bad news for me, though. He said that my right side is 1/2" higher than my left and that I carry 20 pounds (he said 5 is the most he typically sees) more in my right side than my left (probably because I carry my heavy purses and bags on my right shoulder and my body is trying to compensate for it!).
When I went to the chiropractor's office the next week to get my free check up he said that my lower back, part of my middle back, and my neck needed readjustment..then he wanted me to pay $160 for xrays during my *free* appointment and I said heck no...so my back is still not fixed.
Not surprised about the neck problems...I am so stressed out these days!!! (We will both be so thankful to finish all of our assignments, papers, and presentations!!!)
Overall, we are both happy and healthy and I am so thankful for that.
My challenge for you is to get out there and exercise...walk, jog, swim, rollerblade, dance (I added that just for you, mom & dad!), play your favorite sport, etc. It will make you feel better, I promise!! (If you are already active, then KUDOS to you!!)
BVOTD: "Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise unto him with psalms." Psalm 95:2 ASV
Labels: Personal Challenge


5 Comments:
Lacey ~ Your free checkup wasn't free at all. I'm glad you love running I'll stick to dancing, less strenuous and more Enjoyable! You look GREAT!!
Running can actually be addictive, believe it or not! I was a long distance runner once and was so addicted that I would get very upset when thunderstorms tried to interrupt my runs. Would often ignore the lightning and rain and keep going.
Much wiser than that now, thankfully. :-)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
that's really good, i didn't know you were running so much! i started it back about 7 weeks ago, and if I don't get to go I'm sad. Your gym looks nice, but a view of the ocean while running is much better!! :-)
"80 miles in two weeks?!" :)
I guess I should exercise too...
Post a Comment
<< Home