3.05.2007

Blog Challenge - Quirks

I saw this on Michele's blog and I thought it was really fun.

Make a list of your quirks...a peculiarity of action, behavior, or personality, mannerism..things that are unique to you...things that people think you are crazy for doing...things that your grandchildren would love to know about you one day!!

So here goes...you are really going to think I am crazy (probably because I am)!!!
  • I always clean tables at resturants after I eat (unless I get really bad service).

  • The toliet paper has to be *over* not under.

  • I am a compulsive facebook/blog/email checker.

  • I don't sniff like a normal person (I sniff more like a hyperactive puppy).

  • My towels and jeans have to be folded a certain way (three fold).

  • I drive sitting straight up (some people tell me that I look like an old lady when I drive).


  • I don't drink anything out of cans.

  • I wave frantically at people (see above picture).

  • I keep everything in my purse (makeup, deodorant, brush, phone, pens, highlighters, keys, Tide-to-go pen {you knew I had that in there!}, checkbooks, prayer cards, body spray, body lotion, wallet, change, chapstick, notepad, etc.)


  • I am a binge blogger.


  • I don't drink water out of bottles a day after I opened them or out of glasses when they sit out for too long (yes, just like the strange little girl in the movie Signs).


  • I can't sleep with sheets tightly tucked into the bed.


  • I don't use pens without their lids (they are too light without a lid!).


  • I insert movie lines into almost all of my conversations.

  • I am a binge cook (usually around the holidays).

  • I don't like people writing on my stuff (or invading my space).

  • I watch movies over and over and over (and have a few memorized).


  • I sleep with one foot sticking out of the sheets every night (ever since I was a little girl...daddy would always try to cover it up but I would always take it back out of the covers).

  • I hiccup really loudly (sometimes just once and sometimes for a really long time).

  • I sneeze really loudly (my coworkers sometimes call me from the front counter to tell me "bless you!").

So, what are your quirks???? Leave me a comment or post it on your blog...tell me the unique things that make you, you!! You can't be as crazy as me, right?!?!?!

And for all you scrappers out there...I challenge you to make a scrapbook page about your quirks!

BVOTD: "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:12-13 NIV

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, Lace, you must have scared everyone so much that no one dares to even comment!

They are all thinking ... "Lacey is a superfreak ... superfreak ... she's superfreaky!". :Þ

Lots of fun. I might have to try it and add it to my blog this weekend.

7:41 PM, March 07, 2007  
Blogger Lacey said...

LOL!!!! I KNOW!!!! I think everyone is scared!!

And mom doesn't think she has any quirks!! I told her that everybody has quirks...but I am not sure what hers are. She always hums when she does laundry, does that count??

Looking forward to seeing your list!!!!

P.S. Nice use of the superfreak line!!! :)

8:07 PM, March 07, 2007  
Blogger Gerald said...

You two really are scary! For someone who doesn't watch movies (maybe I should say "rarely"), I feel like an outsider trying to understand an inside joke. But wait, that's just what I am, so I guess that's okay. :-)

8:22 AM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Challenge has been accepted.

Gerald, my "superfreak" reference was actually to a song and not a movie (believe it or not).

Yes, we are weird, but I think a lot of it has a genetic component. :Þ

10:51 AM, March 10, 2007  
Blogger Lacey said...

Gerald, we are indeed scary...and you are not an "outsider"!! We are not movie buffs by any means...we just have a few favorite movies that we watch over and over (and have memorized)!!

10:39 AM, March 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home