Just Catching Up
- In need of cleaning and organizing the house as we are hosting Disciple Now at our house this weekend...for those of you who don't know what DNow is...it is like a weekend retreat for teens with Bible study, group fellowship, and fun. Brad and I met at a DNow at our church so we are very partial to this ministry :) If you think about it, please pray for us...that God would move and change hearts and that the Lord would be glorified throughout the weekend and beyond.
- Settling into life with Tina. She does not keep us up late at night anymore...YAY! Brad rigged the fireplace screen so that she can no longer get inside the fireplace. She is even becoming more social! Aimee and Vicki came over Saturday night and she came out to visit. Usually when people are over that she doesn't know she will hide under the tree and come out only if you drag her out. She seems to like us a lot more lately. But we still have to watch the door...Brad keeps leaving our bedroom, bathroom, and closet door open and she will run to retreat in the closet as fast as she can.
- Still running. I am up to 25 miles at the gym so far this month. I ran yesterday with Brad in the park, too...but I am not sure how far we ran exactly. Maybe 2 or 3 miles?? It is so much harder for me to run when I am not on a machine that is making me! It is nice that my clothes are fitting better...I wore some dress pants that I haven't been able to wear in a while on Saturday!
- Dreading doing our taxes. It is so confusing with all of Brad's side jobs...we have gazillions of purple work orders laying around and organizing them does not sound like fun!
- In scrappyland...I am trying out for the design team once again and would like votes so if you are anywhere near Scrapbook Fever you should (please) go vote for #24! :) I love being on the design team!! ... I am currently working on my "It's All About Me" album (which makes me laugh since our curiculum for DNow is "It's Not All About Me"!!). I have completed 3 pages so far and it is taking me forever because I am doing so much journaling.
- I just finished taking a ton of photos last week...I decided to do a "Week in the Life" album because I have really been wanting to make one and kept putting it off. Last year I made a list of things that I wanted to photograph for the book and I read it a few weeks ago and it was sad that so many things had changed (like our favorite restaurant to eat when we are at school closed, CBS moved, etc.). I need to still work on my journaling but at least I have a ton of photos to help me remember!!! I still can't believe this is my last semester of school ever! CRAZY!
- CBS is going well...we are getting a lot more boys and it is really exciting! Tonight is Night of Grace so each group meets individually...so I don't have any responsibility tonight. Kinda crazy. I might go to one of the groups NOG though... Not sure because I really need to clean and don't know when else I can get it done.
- School is going okay. Took one last Friday that I just found out I made a 74% on (the 3rd highest grade in the class-isn't that sad?? The highest grade was an 80%) which basically equates to an A! I need to read Getting to Yes and Jesus CEO ASAP because I don't want to spend Spring Break reading!!
- As for Spring Break...I don't have many plans (besides work). I can't wait for a day off from school and work! (Vicki can you take off any days March 12th-16th? We could go on a shopping day with mom!...And maybe we could even convince Perez to come {not bloody likely, though!!}. Amanda can you come over sometime??) Side note: No scrapping at my house on March 10th!
- Had a really nice Valentine's Day. I made Brad a card, got him some candy, and his favorite cereal. I got Mucinex (he made me sick), a box of chocolates, and yummy beef jerky. Brad and I went to IKEA (he had never been) and we were big fans of the Cars game (you can run into the other cars and they will make funny comments...I love it!). Bought a glass jar to put some of my minibooks in, some really cute lime green food bowls for Tina (not sure why they didn't send hers when she came to visit?), and some batteries for our smoke detector! We also went to Home Depot to buy some tools for Brad and Mangia Pizza for a heart pizza deal. It was a lovely day and it was really nice to spend the evening with Bradley. He isn't home before 10:00 or 11:00 most nights lately :(
- Completed the wedding album for Alyssa and Josh and gave it to them on Valentine's Day. It is a sharebook...I gave out two page packets to Vicki, Amanda, Mom, Liesel, Aunt Linda, Nelwyn & Ronnie. They each did two pages with whatever they wanted. Linda made a poem about how the ring bearer wouldn't come down the aisle...Ronnie copied the menu and other cool wedding documents and wrote about the beginning of the wedding "according to the Father of the Bride"...Mom, Amanda, Vicki, Nelwyn, and I gave advice and shared memories...Liesel wrote wishes for them and used photos from a wedding shower and the happy couple standing by their honeymoon cruise ship...I also made a couple of pages with the story of their engagement from Alyssa and Josh's perspectives (as they told to me on video) and a page with a pocket for things they want to keep (like their wedding program, napkin, etc.)...and Vicki made two awesome pages with photos with Alyssa dancing with Ronnie and with Josh on one page. On the other page she scanned photos of Alyssa and Josh from when they were children through their wedding photos. She printed the words of the song Alyssa and Ronnie danced to "I Loved Her First" on vellum and it went over the photos. Too cute!
- Wishing there was more time in the day to get things done (and sleep!)!! And wishing that my VCR worked! I keep missing American Idol! :(
- Hope that you have a wonderful day! Will hopefully get to post some pics later this week!
BVOTD: "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes." Psalm 37:7 NIV


2 Comments:
Thanks again for agreeing to do One Now! I am so excited about it, but I do not feel ready! There are so many things I need to do this week, and I just don't seem to have the time! It will all come together tho! I pray that God would be glorified this weekend and lives will be changed!
Yay! I'm glad Tina has becom more social. I'm sad I couldn't come on Saturday, but I enjoyed celebrating my grandpa's 80th birthday.
How long is the voting for the design team going on? Maybe I can go this weekend during One Now. We will be in RR for our mission. Hey, would it be cheating if I had all my kids vote for it???
Thanks for the Week in the Life info. I'm excited about it! :)
MAM, thank you for commenting!!!!! I am so sad when it says "0 comments"!!! (Not sure where our friends have gone...too busy to read lately I suppose??)
Yeah, we need to get together and talk about One Now because Brad and I are pretty clueless! What time do we need to be there on Friday? Brad has to plan his jobs around it...
Glad the 80th birthday party went well! :)
Voting goes till the 28th and not sure about the kids voting, lol. :)
You are very welcome on the week in the life info. Should be fun. Wish I had actually filled mine out on those days!! I am trying to remember everything from last week! It is so sad how I forget everything!
Post a Comment
<< Home