Celebrating the 7th Anniversary...
I was a junior in high school.
Sweet sixteen.
Frantically trying to find an oufit to wear for my first date ever.
Wishing that I had someone with me to tell me what to wear.
Feeling my heart beat very fast as I heard Brad pull in the driveway in his maroon Chevy truck.
Laughing at mom for being so emotional.
Trying to make small talk.
Being so nervous my hands were sweating.
Sitting on the far side of the truck.
Continually thinking, "What is he thinking right now??!"
Having a hard time believing that I was actually on a date.
Wondering if I should wait for Brad to open the door.
Shooting a straw at him at Jack in the Box.
Sitting through the movie "Down to You" at Tinsletown.
Thinking we should have gone to see Toy Story instead.
Thinking about Lacey and Brad becoming "us".
Feeling nervous, happy, and blessed.
The nervousness has faded but he still makes me feel happy and blessed every day.
(Wish I had a picture of the two of us that night or some of our old photos scanned...but I don't so you get a random park picture from last year instead, sorry!)
BVOTD: "Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death...Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the LORD. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it." Song of Solomon 8:6-7a ESV
Labels: Love



8 Comments:
aww how cute! i can't believe it's been so long ago now!
aw! That is so sweet! I hope you got a picture of you two that day (1/22/07). Then you could make it into a scrapbook entry and then put this entry as your journaling. (I'm sure you already thought of that tho)
sweet story and a blessing from God. i'm still so happy for yall and hopefull all of us girls will one day have a similar story :-)
aren't the alpaca cute! do you like the scarf? i think mom ended up with the one that makes into a hat as well right? i like that a lot!!
MAM, I soo did not think of that. Wish I had! Maybe I will take it on 1/26 and call it 1/22! lol :)
I'm sure you will all have *wonderful* stories!
LOVE ALL YOU GALS!!! YOU WILL ALL MAKE WONDERFUL WIVES ONE DAY!!
Love the alpaca. Think they're adorable. The man on tv had two and said he loves to sit outside and watch them. He shears his once a year (May I think??) and sends it off to get it cleaned and made into scarves and hats and stuff. (Riss, I think they probably like it too!)
Yes, I got the scarf that turns into a hat. So cute and warm, too!
This was such a great post, Lacey, that I had to share it with Beth and with Craig and Gia. I hope you don't mind.
It brought back fond memories for all of us. The "What is he thinking right now?" thing especially because Beth didn't just think it, she kept asking me!!! :-) Just about drove me crazy! Craig said that Gia did the same thing to him. Said every time she did she would catch him thinking something on the order of, "Boy, I'm getting hungry. Sure wish I had a hamburger right now." You know--really romantic stuff. Of course, he never TOLD her that's what he was thinking. His mama raised him to know better than that! :-)
However, I'm sure that Brad's thoughts were much more romantic than diesel engines and hamburgers, etc. :-)
By the way, Beth says she sang a very, very beautiful song in her college choir that was based on your Bible verse of the day.
Thanks for the comments, Gerald! Glad you all got the chance to reminisce! :)
I should probably ask Brad what he was thinking that night, huh?!
(Probably "She lives all the way out here?!", "Does this girl ever talk?" and I would bet "I'm hungry! Are we ever going to get to Pflugerville??")
P.S. That was the first time I had come across that set of verses...I'm sure the song was beautiful!! :)
awhh! Stinking adorable you are!
Post a Comment
<< Home