3.07.2007

Yay for Scrapbooking!

Been doing a little scrapping lately...

I am so loving working on my "All About Me" album. Last night I did three more pages. I made this page on Saturday when Vicki and MAM came over. I have never made a page like this one before with such different embellishments all on one page...quite fun I think! Should do more like it on my 12x12 pages!

Am looking forward to scrap time next week...my last Spring Break ever!

Am hoping to get some time off work to finish Getting to Yes and read Jesus CEO for school. I have so many projects that I need to work on for school. I also intend to clean and organize our bedroom...it is such a mess!! Hate it when the house is a mess!

Am also looking forward to heading to Fort Worth for an old friend's wedding on Friday. We are going to get to visit with Brad's sister Val and her husband Jacob...this will be my first time to see their house and they have been in it for 2 or 3 years now!! I also get to see where Riss lives finally!! And then on Saturday I have another wedding. Should be a super fun weekend/week (once I get through two more tests!)!!

BVOTD: "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24 NIV

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Been doin' a little figure skating ...

Finger painting? ...

What did he say? ...

{bowing} Thank you! Thank you! Yes, I do know my Cutting Edge lines. {/bowing}

I'm sure you posted a great picture, but I just can't wait the two years that it will take to download.

I am looking forward to starting my "All About Me" once my life returns to a 'semblance of normal again. It might be a while.

P.S. Am I awesome to figure out how to add an URL tag in there OR WHAT???? :)

7:51 PM, March 07, 2007  
Blogger Lacey said...

That is so funny...we watched Cutting Edge last night!!! Great movie...

I am not surprised that you figured out how to put a URL tag in your comment...you are always doing fancy things (like fun faces and bold words)...

Hope you get to your AAM album soon!!!! MAM and I were glad you scrapped on Saturday!!

8:03 PM, March 07, 2007  
Blogger Gerald said...

I loved the contrast of this post and your Bible verse of the day! :-)

The former is about a scrapbook album that is "All About Me" and the latter is a verse saying that my life is nothing compared to completing the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

I was very impressed with your scrapbook page nevertheless. Having seen many scrapbooked pages myself, I could tell how much work and effort must have gone into that one. It was beautiful! Good job, Lacey!

One of these days when you have children I'm afraid it will be difficult to find enough time to spend on just one page. Our friend, Nicole, who has four children can put together 10 scrapbooked pages in the time it takes Beth to do one or maybe two. Hers don't look quite as nice as Beth's do, of course, but at least they get done. Beth is now so far behind I don't know if she will ever catch up. :-(

The bright side is that your children will have a very good idea of what your life was like before they were born. I know they will treasure that. I wish I had something like that of my parent's life (before me).

8:38 AM, March 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lacey ~ Good job on your Scrapbooking page! I hope you and Brad have a wonderful weekend visiting friends and just getting away for a while. A time to regroup.
Mom

9:15 AM, March 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!

Loving your page, can't wait to see it in person :)

I was lucky enough to catch Cutting Edge on the tube the other night, funny movie, funny movie.

And having kids doesn't automatically make you a quick scrapper--at least it hasn't worked that way for me. But you care less about being behind cause it is so much fun to look back on their pictures from the past. Almost as fun as scrapbooking!

3:20 PM, March 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how was the wedding? I'm missing 2 this weekend!!

5:27 AM, March 10, 2007  
Blogger Lacey said...

Gerald, I might have about the same time to scrap when I have kids as I have right now. My schedule is funky these days...sometimes working till 9:30 at night, night class, Bible study, etc. I will have to work on increasing my production rate when I have kids, though. I plan on making baby scrapbooks before the babies are born! I surely can't give it up...it is my stress relief!

The page I posted didn't really take that long to make...some of my pages take forever though...

Oh, and tell Beth that there is no such thing as "behind"...there should be NO GUILT in scrapbooking!! Just documenting favorite moments and memories!!

Mel, the weddings were really beautiful! Will be posting a blog entry with pics soon!! Was so sad you couldn't be there!!!

10:49 AM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Gerald said...

That page didn't take very long? Wow. It has the look of a page that took all day to do. I'm even more impressed now! :-)

And I certainly didn't mean you would have to give up scrapbooking after kids come into the picture! It's just that they make things, um, more interesting when you scrapbook.

8:43 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Lacey said...

Gerald, I didn't think you were telling me that I had to give it up...just that I wouldn't get as much done. :) I will have to develop a game plan and know what I am doing when nap time rolls around. And make use of daddy :)

(BTW, I spoke to Amanda last night and she said her coffee roast went well but that she can't get on blogger right now. Something about her cable...it will "black out" for a few seconds every once in a while and kick her off of websites...and her tv will "black out" for a few seconds when they watch something they taped on Tivo. So...she is not ignoring us on purpose!!)

6:31 AM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Gerald said...

Make use of daddy? :-) I know all about that one. Craig and I get to take the kids off for an adventure sometimes while our other halves are scrapbooking. It's often a Mother's Day gift.

Sorry to hear Amanda is having so many issues with her cable, but glad to hear she is not ignoring us deliberately. :-) I actually got two emails from her early this morning (computer said 4:34 AM, but surely she wasn't writing emails at that hour?) so I knew she was still speaking to us at least.

Okay, keep your fingers crossed, I'm about to venture into the horror of horrors- your "messy" bedroom. :-)

8:50 AM, March 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home