Lots to Say...
*I've been pretty busy lately. Lots to do, lots to do. The laundry is almost stacked to the ceiling (a little exaggeration but not much!), the floor needs to be swept, CBS papers need to be filled out, naps need to be taken, and there is scrapping to be done (always!).
*Brad and I are going to Chicago for 4 days in July for work...a furniture premarket. Should be interesting. I have never been to Chicago...and I get to fly again!! :) I suppose it is good for us to attend the market since Brad may be running the business one day?!???!
*We are also going on a mission trip to Nuevo Laredo with the Warden's church for a week in July. While I think Camp Crestview could really be considered a mission trip (it is just close to home!), this will be our first official mission trip. We are excited!! We will be helping with crafts, refreshments, and recreation for 4 different VBSs. Out of the three or four other churches that went last summer, the Warden's church is the only church that didn't back out. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated!!!
*Vicki is just the coolest sister ever! She rocks! :) (Vicki wrote this!...but she is indeed pretty cool!)
*Got to have a shopping day with mom and Brad and Vicki on Friday…Vick missed out on some of the shopping though because of work. We got lunch at McAlisters (and I even got DP!). Vicki didn't want her picture taken I guess!
I purchased 3 pairs of Gauchos/Capri pants for the upcoming trips, a pair of shoes (Perez they are like the ones you wore to church with your polka dot dress!), some jewelry (because of mom...she is in love with jewelry and watching her pick out jewelry made me want some too!), a cowboy hat to wear on the mission trip (much like the one Vicki had on in my girls' day out layout!...on sale for $5!!) and a ton of lotions from Bath & Body Works (they had an awesome sale!). :)
Mom got jewelry, flip flops, and jewelry. Vicki bought a
ton of stuff from Bath and Body Works! We went to the local bakery and ate some yummy stuff! Bakeries are like heaven to me!!
Brad, Vicki, and I got some Chick and went to see The Devil Wears Prada and it was pretty good (mom went home to see daddy...but she is coming with us next time!!)! Vicki treated Brad and me to the movie! Thank you, Vick!!!! We both thought Meryl Streep was really good in it! :) We were the only two people in the whole theater that laughed at her line "By all means, move at a glacial pace" line! It was so wonderful. We plan to use it a lot! I love shopping days!
*Last night Vicki and I headed over to Julie & Kevin's house. KEVIN MADE US FETTUCINI ALFREDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how happy I was to eat it!! :) I have been begging him to make it for us for about two years (and that is not an overstatement!!). Julie made us her famous Marble Cream Cheese Brownies that are amazing! (I think I should go eat one now!). Many thanks to them...what a wonderful meal!!
We got to catch up with the kids...they are getting so big! They are always a lot of fun. Vick and I need to babysit them again so J&K can go out! We listened to music, watched Failure to Launch, and J and I did a little scrapping (Vicki just watched the movie!). I didn't get a lot of scrapping done but I had a ton of fun!!
*I am feeling a little sick...one of the joys of working in a family business with family members that get sick a lot!!!! Alicia was sick last week and now Linda and I are feeling sick. Such a bummer. I hate all the sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, etc. I should probably go buy some medicine to take! Hopefully we will all be well by next week when we go to Chicago!
*We changed Sunday school teachers last Sunday. It is a bit of a shock to us because we have been in the same class with the same teacher and the same teaching method for over five years!!! We ended our study on cults & sects and are now going to do the Bible Trek. It will be nice to study it at a slower pace...the man that wrote the study talks really, really fast! I know it will be awesome though.
*Totally looking forward to July 4th festivities! I love spending time with family, eating, popping firecrackers, and catching up. Such a fun time! Vicki, Perez, Josh, Brad, and I all have Old Navy 4th of July shirts! You can bet that you will see a pic of all of us together on the blog!! :) Stay tuned.
*I've been pretty busy lately. Lots to do, lots to do. The laundry is almost stacked to the ceiling (a little exaggeration but not much!), the floor needs to be swept, CBS papers need to be filled out, naps need to be taken, and there is scrapping to be done (always!).
*Brad and I are going to Chicago for 4 days in July for work...a furniture premarket. Should be interesting. I have never been to Chicago...and I get to fly again!! :) I suppose it is good for us to attend the market since Brad may be running the business one day?!???!
*We are also going on a mission trip to Nuevo Laredo with the Warden's church for a week in July. While I think Camp Crestview could really be considered a mission trip (it is just close to home!), this will be our first official mission trip. We are excited!! We will be helping with crafts, refreshments, and recreation for 4 different VBSs. Out of the three or four other churches that went last summer, the Warden's church is the only church that didn't back out. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated!!!
*Vicki is just the coolest sister ever! She rocks! :) (Vicki wrote this!...but she is indeed pretty cool!)
*Got to have a shopping day with mom and Brad and Vicki on Friday…Vick missed out on some of the shopping though because of work. We got lunch at McAlisters (and I even got DP!). Vicki didn't want her picture taken I guess! I purchased 3 pairs of Gauchos/Capri pants for the upcoming trips, a pair of shoes (Perez they are like the ones you wore to church with your polka dot dress!), some jewelry (because of mom...she is in love with jewelry and watching her pick out jewelry made me want some too!), a cowboy hat to wear on the mission trip (much like the one Vicki had on in my girls' day out layout!...on sale for $5!!) and a ton of lotions from Bath & Body Works (they had an awesome sale!). :)
Mom got jewelry, flip flops, and jewelry. Vicki bought a
ton of stuff from Bath and Body Works! We went to the local bakery and ate some yummy stuff! Bakeries are like heaven to me!!Brad, Vicki, and I got some Chick and went to see The Devil Wears Prada and it was pretty good (mom went home to see daddy...but she is coming with us next time!!)! Vicki treated Brad and me to the movie! Thank you, Vick!!!! We both thought Meryl Streep was really good in it! :) We were the only two people in the whole theater that laughed at her line "By all means, move at a glacial pace" line! It was so wonderful. We plan to use it a lot! I love shopping days!
*Last night Vicki and I headed over to Julie & Kevin's house. KEVIN MADE US FETTUCINI ALFREDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how happy I was to eat it!! :) I have been begging him to make it for us for about two years (and that is not an overstatement!!). Julie made us her famous Marble Cream Cheese Brownies that are amazing! (I think I should go eat one now!). Many thanks to them...what a wonderful meal!!
We got to catch up with the kids...they are getting so big! They are always a lot of fun. Vick and I need to babysit them again so J&K can go out! We listened to music, watched Failure to Launch, and J and I did a little scrapping (Vicki just watched the movie!). I didn't get a lot of scrapping done but I had a ton of fun!!
*I am feeling a little sick...one of the joys of working in a family business with family members that get sick a lot!!!! Alicia was sick last week and now Linda and I are feeling sick. Such a bummer. I hate all the sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, etc. I should probably go buy some medicine to take! Hopefully we will all be well by next week when we go to Chicago!
*We changed Sunday school teachers last Sunday. It is a bit of a shock to us because we have been in the same class with the same teacher and the same teaching method for over five years!!! We ended our study on cults & sects and are now going to do the Bible Trek. It will be nice to study it at a slower pace...the man that wrote the study talks really, really fast! I know it will be awesome though.
*Totally looking forward to July 4th festivities! I love spending time with family, eating, popping firecrackers, and catching up. Such a fun time! Vicki, Perez, Josh, Brad, and I all have Old Navy 4th of July shirts! You can bet that you will see a pic of all of us together on the blog!! :) Stay tuned.


5 Comments:
I am hoping that "popping firecrackers" will not equal turning a lit Roman candle directly towards Perez and I! Fire in the hole!!!!! :Þ
Friday was lots of fun. [side note] I just used some of my B&BW salt scrub. A pleasant experience up until a tiny bit leaked into a small cut. Felt like my skin was on fire! Once the intense pain subsided, I was able to fully appreciate the fresh Cucumber Melon scent. [/side note]
Great fun to go to a movie (or the "picture show" to Mom)! Too bad no one else appreciated our favorite line!
Am I meeting you guys in the corn to carpool tomorrow? I intend to leave as close to 5 p.m. as humanly possible. Sure I may need to physically push people out the door to do that, but I'm game. :)
ooo chicago! i've never been there either.
oh, our church was the only one that went last year too. there were supposed to be several other churches going, but they backed out. And what a small world...today a 17 yr old girl and 18 yr old guy who are here staying with other missionaries for 2 weeks went with me to my place of work. They are from one of the churches in Arkansas that decided not to go last year! The guy was glad that we still went. strange huh?!
"By all means, move at a glacial pace."
That definitely sounds like a Pretzky family quote...!!!!! LOL
BTW--where did you get your gauchos???
Oh, and HELLO--we need DATES for these trips! It would help for prayer anyways... :o)
I got my gauchos at Marshalls (I think?! maybe Ross?) and Dillards.
Chicago is the 9th-12th and Laredo is the 15th-22nd.
Post a Comment
<< Home