6.19.2006

Camp Crestview, Day 1

Camp went really well overall. We played get-to-know-you games, ate snacks, did team building games, made a boat (one for the whole team...they worked on it together), talked about Elijah (1 Kings 18), sang some songs, ate some pizza, and just basically started to get to know each other. The first day is always the hardest.

I had some kids that did not want to listen and liked to talk when other people were talking. We actually didn't get to complete one of the team building games because they would not listen to the leader. I am not used to that. Usually my kids at Camp are pretty well behaved and willing to listen and pay attention. Jill told me today that this is just my year to have the difficult group...she says there is one every year. Seeing as how I have gotten super-wonderful groups the last, oh, five years, I guess it is my turn!!

I am sure that tomorrow will be better. Please pray that I can be able to deal with issues that occur with misbehaving (in a loving way) so that all of the kids can pay attention. I really have difficulties when they are trying to share something and other kids are talking. I think that is so disrespectful!

Pray that God will give Brandon (my co-leader) and me the words we need to share with them...especially during small group time. It is hard to express into words what I really think they need to know!!!

Thank you for all your prayers!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to have patience with them when they are being disrespectful like that. Believe me, I know! I'll pray that they close their mouths and open their ears and more importantly their hearts. Keep up the great work! I know God will use you this week!

1:10 PM, June 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home