Camp Crestview, Day 2
Had a much better day today. Shelled out some dough yesterday to purchase some candy for bribes...worked like a charm!! The kiddos that would not stop talking and interrupting each other yesterday were quiet and respectful of each other (at least during small group!). God works miracles!
Had some good discussion in small group...we used the evangecube to tell the Gospel story. Tomorrow is commitment day...hoping to have some really good discussion before the invitation. I just wish they would verbally ask the questions that they have in their heads! When I was their age I had a TON of questions!!
Went to Park & Pizza today...it was raining when we got there but stopped shortly thereafter. That was a blessing because the kids would have been totally bummed if they didn't get to ride the go karts and bumper boats!
So, I thought I would show off some pics of my kiddos...they are really cool little people!! There are 13 kids in my group (4 boys and 9 girls).
*The girl with the curly pigtails is a girl after my own heart. She just cut 10" of her beautiful curly hair off to give to Locks of Love! She is sooo sweet (and cute!)!
*The boy on the top row (standing behind another boy) had the coolest fro I have ever seen in my life yesterday...he came in today with it in braids. I was so sad...I told him that I loved the fro and wanted to take his picture today. He says he likes the braids better though since it is cooler.
*The boy showing off the Cheezits is really enthusiastic and fun.
*The girl behind him is so beautiful and I love her braids!
*The girl to the right of the boy with the awesome fro is so cool. I had her brother in camp a few years back...Brad had him in his group the following year. Super cool that I get the chance to get to know her too! :)
*Brandon, my co-leader, is laying in front. He is a really funny, laid back dude.
Please pray that God will continue to use Brandon and me to speak to these kids. I know they have questions, I can tell. Please pray that they will voice their questions, close their mouths, open their ears, and allow God to work in their hearts. I am sure that many of them are not sure about where they will go when they die. Please pray that they understand God's truth. As always, please pray for ENERGY for the leaders!!
Well, I must go get my lesson ready for tomorrow. Thank you for all of your prayers! I could see a HUGE difference today! :)
Had a much better day today. Shelled out some dough yesterday to purchase some candy for bribes...worked like a charm!! The kiddos that would not stop talking and interrupting each other yesterday were quiet and respectful of each other (at least during small group!). God works miracles!
Had some good discussion in small group...we used the evangecube to tell the Gospel story. Tomorrow is commitment day...hoping to have some really good discussion before the invitation. I just wish they would verbally ask the questions that they have in their heads! When I was their age I had a TON of questions!!
Went to Park & Pizza today...it was raining when we got there but stopped shortly thereafter. That was a blessing because the kids would have been totally bummed if they didn't get to ride the go karts and bumper boats!
So, I thought I would show off some pics of my kiddos...they are really cool little people!! There are 13 kids in my group (4 boys and 9 girls).
*The girl with the curly pigtails is a girl after my own heart. She just cut 10" of her beautiful curly hair off to give to Locks of Love! She is sooo sweet (and cute!)! *The boy on the top row (standing behind another boy) had the coolest fro I have ever seen in my life yesterday...he came in today with it in braids. I was so sad...I told him that I loved the fro and wanted to take his picture today. He says he likes the braids better though since it is cooler.
*The boy showing off the Cheezits is really enthusiastic and fun.
*The girl behind him is so beautiful and I love her braids!
*The girl to the right of the boy with the awesome fro is so cool. I had her brother in camp a few years back...Brad had him in his group the following year. Super cool that I get the chance to get to know her too! :)
*Brandon, my co-leader, is laying in front. He is a really funny, laid back dude.
Please pray that God will continue to use Brandon and me to speak to these kids. I know they have questions, I can tell. Please pray that they will voice their questions, close their mouths, open their ears, and allow God to work in their hearts. I am sure that many of them are not sure about where they will go when they die. Please pray that they understand God's truth. As always, please pray for ENERGY for the leaders!!
Well, I must go get my lesson ready for tomorrow. Thank you for all of your prayers! I could see a HUGE difference today! :)


2 Comments:
What a cool pic! They do like a neat bunch of kids!
I will pray for them tonight! :o)
Candy works wonders! Glad things went better.
Post a Comment
<< Home