7.08.2006

9 Years Ago...A Blog Challenge

brought to us by Julie

*In 1997 I was 14 years old and in 8th grade at school.
*I thought I was big stuff since we were the oldest kids in the school.
*I played volleyball (I was not a very good volleyball player but I LOVED it!!).
*I dislocated my hip playing volleyball and ended up having to go to the chiropractor with mom really early in the morning for a few weeks.
*I went to a lot of sleepovers.
*I was so scared to go from a class of 10 to a class of 601!
*I wanted to be home schooled with my friends so I didn't have to go to the high school.
*I started scrapbooking!! I think my first pages were on our class trip to Camp Lone Star!!
*I was an A/B student.
*I was a cheerleader (not a very good one mind you, but a cheerleader nonetheless).
*I had a huge crush on the boy in the top left corner of the picture.
*I had awesome friends. I hung out a lot with Mel and Riss back in these days...and we are still good friends, how cool is that?!
*I was confirmed in the Lutheran church I grew up attending.
*I helped Amanda plan her wedding...at least I attended a shower or two! (And Vicki and I hauled a 5'+ sub sandwich to her reception!!!! That is not an exaggeration, either!!!).
*I got to meet G.W. Bailey at Amanda's wedding...the star of one of my favorite movies...Mannequin! I was quite starstruck and couldn't get very many words out. I kept telling Vicki that I needed to get a picture or an autograph or something. She assured me that he would be at the reception. He was not.
*I got to know my grandma better when dad and I would pick her up for weekend visits. We would go to Taco Bell and then watch Walker Texas Ranger (she loved Chuck Norris!) and random movies.
*I got braces (in 1998 I believe).
*I was a really happy teenager.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger fever team said...

Great pics! I knew when I did the challenge you'd be annoyingly young--but I didn't realize how sweet and adorable you'd be. Silly me, I should have known--you're just as sweet and adorable now!

Thanks for taking the challenge! I've got a surprise for you!

7:51 AM, July 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i remember our freshman class starting out with 601 students! i don't know why i would remember that number, but maybe it's wrong? i should find out cause i always tell people i went from a class of 10 to a class of 600, so i need to know if i've been lying all this time!=) haha i like the cheerleading picture!

2:56 PM, July 09, 2006  
Blogger Lacey said...

You are right...that is what I meant!! Thanks, Riss! :)

3:31 PM, July 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why was the guy from mannequin there??

7:56 PM, July 09, 2006  
Blogger Lacey said...

G.W. Bailey did some kind of play with Dave. They were friends back in the day so he came to the wedding!

8:39 PM, July 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home