7.12.2006

Back Home Safely from Chicago!

We made it back safely from the Windy City. It is fun to travel but it is always nice to come home!!

I have a lot to share...I wrote 26 pages in my journal while I was gone! The trip was quite an experience!! :)

I'm sure some of you probably heard about the train derailment in Chicago on Tuesday night...it happened while we were on our way to a restaurant and there were EMS vehicles, fire trucks, and a helicopter. Brad and I rode the train the day before but weren't anywhere near them on Tuesday. There were no fatalities (that I know of) but 3 lawsuits had been filed as of this morning!

Sadly, the camera (my old camera) that I brought broke while we were in Chicago...it made the pictures completely and utterly blurred (it looks like what I see in a crowded city when I don't have my glasses on/terrible).

Out of 81 pictures, only 16 were not completely blurred. It is such a bummer because the city is so beautiful!! I only got one picture of downtown Chicago.

None of the shots I took at night (at Millennium Park and of the city) turned out! :( It is a sad day for this scrapper! That'll teach me to leave my honkin' (and completely wonderful!!) camera at home just to save space!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who were wondering...we did indeed get all our stuff into our carry on bags (and a purse) and the shoes were wonderful (no blisters!!)!!

More to come later...I'm gonna go catch up on sleep...we're back to work tomorrow!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"George ... she's landed!"

Glad you are back safely. :)

No Oprah sightings?!

8:12 PM, July 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you had a good time and that the train wasn't a problem for you. hope you're all ready to go to Mexico now!!

8:23 AM, July 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home