San Antonio Trip

We took a little trip to San Antonio for an HPBA meeting with GFAP May 31st-June 2nd. It was Luke's first time to stay in a hotel room and the little guy did great! Luke was quite the little trooper even on the car rides (except for a little meltdown when we got stuck in some traffic near Austin on the way back home).
We stayed at the Holiday Inn (on the Riverwalk) and had a really good time. We visited the Alamo on Sunday morning and ate at a little restaurant near the Riverwalk. It was both mine and Brad's first time to see the Alamo. I had never even seen the Riverwalk before this trip (except from afar the week before when we took our day trip to San Antonio!). I really like the Riverwalk! Next time we go I hope to get to ride on one of the boats! They shut it down before we had a chance to get down there.
Luke was a really good boy during all the meetings but there was a point when Pa and Brad were making faces at him and they made him let out a loud squeal and I had to leave the room (and I even warned them ahead of time that he would do that...he squeals when he is really happy!!!). The meetings were a tad on the boring side...the meeting that was about sales was just like being back in my Sales class at UMHB. I skipped the "Green" class so I could go feed Luke (and watch Say Yes to the Dress). It was really nice to be able to watch some cable tv! I so wish we had cable!
We figured out that Luke is indeed going through a little separation anxiety. Granny & Pa watched him (& little James) on Sunday night so we could walk on the Riverwalk and Luke cried and cried. I think he had a fun time with them for a while...but when they wouldn't let him sleep he was not so happy. When we showed up and I held him he stopped crying right away...ah, the wonderful world of separation anxiety!!!
It was rather annoying that our room didn't have a fridge so I had to keep going down the hall every few hours to get more ice to put on Luke's milk. It also didn't have a microwave to clean all of his bottle stuff but we lived! :) It does make me really appreciate our modern conveniences though!
Overall, it was a lovely trip. Both babies were pretty good little guys! It is always nice to get together with family. I feel like I don't see them much now that I am not working at GFAP every day!
BVOTD: "My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness." Isaiah 26:9
Labels: Luke, Luke Firsts, Luke's Baby Album, Trips


3 Comments:
Lacey ~ The pictures of your trip to San Antonio are wonderful. It looks like you'll had a lot of fun. It is always fun to make memories like that and you will remember them for a long time. Your Dad and I had a lot of fun when we went to the River Walk. Your Dad wasn't impressed with the cleanliness of the water at the River Walk when we went. There were things floating in the water that the people threw in. I loved the stores there and being able to go into the Mall there. We also enjoyed eating out and just enjoying San Antonio. I am glad you had a chance to go there.
Love Mom
It is a really neat place to visit!
Yeah it wasn't very clean when we were there either! And we saw some drunk people throwing cans in the water and we wanted to ticket them for littering!!!
I still can't believe that that was yalls first time to ever see/go to the Alamo. Crazy. Glad yall had a nice time!
Post a Comment
<< Home