10 Weeks Old
Everywhere we go people say Luke looks just like Brad. An answer to my prayers :)
We are certainly enjoying hearing his little noises when he "talks." Brad can't wait till he can have a conversation with him. I am just savoring these moments. Luke is getting a lot more interactive. He loves to ooh and aah and coo at us. We occasionally hear him squeal with delight. :) He is giving us lots of smiles when we make faces at him.
He is still quite the eater. At 11 pounds 4 ounces and 24" long, he is growing away.
He is a wonderful sleeper and the other night he slept 9 hours straight. People also tell me that I am spoiled with Luke...I can't tell you how many people have told me to consider myself blessed because their kids didn't sleep through the night till they were much older... five months old or I even heard one lady say five years old! We are on a pretty good schedule now. I feed him around 10:00 or 11:00 and he lays down around 11:00 or 12:00 in his bed (Co-Sleeper) after we change him. While I still have to hold his pacifier in for him for a little while, he is usually out within 15 minutes or so. We usually play nature sounds for him on the "Select a Show Soother" so that he can head into dreamland (he thinks that he is camping).
We are still using the vaporizer at night (but I think it is just because I like the hum and think that I sleep better with it so I figure he might sleep better with it too).
In the last week or two he has become very social and will cry when he is in the backseat of the car alone. When I stop the car and pick up his carseat (not even taking him out of the carseat) he immediately stops crying and calms down. He just loves to be with people and have someone hold his little hand. This is a new thing because he usually loves car rides (and the music that we play for him).
He clasps his hands together and has a tight grip on whatever he can grab onto.
He can get his pacifier back in his mouth as long as it is close and he can just flip it back in.
He still hates baths and cries the whole time. He has what I call a death grip on his little fingers when we bathe him. He loves to cuddle up with us right after a bath. In fact, getting clothes on and getting cuddled in a towel is definitely his favorite part of bath time.
When I whisper "shhh" in his ear and get really close to him, he will usually calm down (even if he is really upset).
He is a pretty good burper these days. When he was teeny you could try to burp him for an hour and only get a little burp or two out of him (I think his little digestive system wasn't fully developed yet).
I have to put socks on his feet and hands every night before bed or his hands and feet are like little ice cubes by morning.
It is really tough to get a run and shower in these days. It is like he knows that I am about to run and shower and so he decides to cry. I think he is just too social to sit by himself in his swing.
I love spending my days with him and honestly cannot imagine having to let him go to a babysitter (besides family) or daycare. I just want to protect him and love on him. He is beyond sweet and his dad and I are just head over heels for our little boy. He is the light of our lives.
Brad wants him to sleep in the bed with us (he loves that he is a cuddle bug) but I have been strong, insisting that he sleeps in his Co-Sleeper (for a while when he was a few weeks old he would sleep in bed with us). I am just beyond nervous that we will roll over on him or smother him when he is in bed with us. (Though, occasionally I fall asleep while feeding him I usually wake up soon after and move him to his bed.) Don't worry, though, we still get cat naps with him (according to Mr. Marshall...that is the best nap that you will ever have is with a little one snuggled up on your chest).
Everyone talks about how big he is getting and how much he looks like his daddy. We just went back to Sunday school for the first time this Sunday (we have been going to church but not Sunday school) and everyone was so excited to meet Mr. Luke. We even got another handmade blanket from the quilting ladies (the piecemakers) at church! So sweet! He is one blessed little boy! So many people love him!!!
BVOTD: If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 1 John 4:20
Labels: Luke, Luke's Baby Album, Weekly Updates


3 Comments:
Lacey ~ Thanks for the UPDATE on the BLOG. I love to read about Luke, and the stages he is going through. He is growing up so fast. You are one big Happy Family. Please keep is posted.
Love Mom
I heart the "lock up your daughters" pic... :oP
i LOVE Luke's expressions!
Post a Comment
<< Home