3.30.2008

Luke's First Sick Day

Woke up this morning around 4 am to the sound of Luke coughing up a storm.

He normally coughs & sneezes occasionally so it wasn't a big deal at first but when I realized he was coughing a lot and he sounded congested I started to get a little concerned.

I called the doctor's office and they told me he is too young for medicine and to buy him Little Noses and suction his nose afterwards. They also said to get a humidifier and have him sleep elevated...so he is sleeping in his car seat now. We also thought he might have a little case of diarrhea and they said to buy Gerber Liquilytes to replace the electrolytes that he lost. We couldn't find that brand so Brad bought a generic one from the grocery store. We were also concerned when his congestion changed from clear to greenish/yellow.

Luke was a little more fussy than usual on Friday so I thought maybe he might not be feeling well but I wasn't sure. For a sick boy, he surely is happy though. He even smiled through a couple of diaper changes today (that is no small thing...he hates diaper changes usually!).

I know this is the first of many sick days and many colds but it surely does scare a new momma when her boy has congestion problems. So, please pray for him if you could. I would really like to nip this thing in the bud before we have to take him to the doctor. You can tell that he just doesn't feel very good.

BVOTD: "My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek." Psalm 27:8

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Is my little buddy on the mend?

Is he still enjoying "camping"?

7:59 PM, March 31, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! He is really looking like Brad :) Sorry is he sick, I still get concerned when my babies are sick--and you know how big they are :) Take care, both of you!

10:28 AM, April 01, 2008  
Blogger Amanda said...

Okay that picture with that title (Luke's First Sick Day) has to be saddest thing I've ever seen!!! He looks so little, and lost, and you just want to hold him! :o(

7:18 PM, April 01, 2008  
Blogger Mary Anna said...

poor baby luke. :( glad he's better now. :)

10:00 PM, April 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home