6.20.2008

Luke's First Camp Crestview






Camp Crestview is a ministry that Brad and I have been involved in for the last seven years. It originated as a regular old Vacation Bible School but turned out into a ministry of a very large scale. It is a five day camp from 8 Am to 5 PM. A few years ago it expanded to two weeks. We know Luke will really love it for many years to come!

I have always worked the Middle School camp but since they do a lot of traveling I decided to work crafts this year. I was able to walk down the hall on breaks and feed Luke and hold him. He did really good! He was the youngest camper there!
He watched cartoons (like Enchanted and Barbie...he was in the room with a 5 year old girl!), took naps, played with his toys, drank milk, and did a lot of burping and wetting diapers. On Wednesday he even decided to poop all over Ms Lindsey. It was all over her shorts and the cushion she was sitting on. (And when they put the cushion in the washing machine it flooded the kitchen...Nice!).

He also made his first church craft - a canvas bag with his hand & foot prints and a Bible verse on it! Too cute! :)

He really enjoyed the week and spent lots of time with Ms Lindsey, Ms Mickie, Ms Nikki, and Ms Joann. I'd say he'll be up for it again next year!

I enjoyed getting the reports of what he did at camp each day - so fun! And as much fun as it was doing crafts for 2nd graders I was always thrilled to pick him up at the end of the day!

BVOTD: "Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." 1 John 4:11

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Anna said...

Uh oh. That's no bueno that he pooped on someone. He can't help it though.

Aw, that must be really special having that bag with his prints on it! :)

9:09 PM, September 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home