7.09.2007

Pregnant Lacey =

incredibly lazy Lacey...thus, the lack of blog updates. I have been reading my emails and checking my favorite blogs and reading my comments (thank you for all the wonderful comments! They mean a lot to me!!) but I have not been able to convince myself to update my blog...I also have not been able to convince myself to scrapbook. I am just so lazy after work that I come home, lay on the sofa and watch tv for a bit, and then head straight to bed.

Pregnant Lacey also = incredibly blessed Lacey. I have a little human growing inside of me. How cool is that?! I also have the best hubby in the world. Now, I always knew that Brad was basically the best boy in the world but I didn't know just how true that was until I became pregnant and even more needy than usual. I have been taking showers at night because sometimes when I shower in the morning I feel sicker...well, I hate showering at night because, like I said above, I am incredibly lazy and would rather just not...another thing I hate about having to shower at night is that my hair is wet when I go to bed. Well, having the wonderful husband that I have, I asked Brad one night if he would dry my hair for me while I laid on the bed. Of course, he obliged. Yes, I realize that I have an extra dose of diva-ness lately but I think I deserve it right now. :) Vicki will tell you that I am way too spoiled but I simply tell her that it just shows her that she needs to set her sights high when she picks a boy.

Waking up feeling ill really kind of stinks. For a while, I threw up every four days like clockwork but messed up my record yesterday morning and this morning. Some days baby just doesn't want to hold stuff down...

Strangely enough, my sweet tooth has pretty much gone out the window (a good thing). Before I got pregnant, I was all about the sweets. Multiple times a day I would eat sweet stuff. Now, not so much. It is really hard to eat healthy. Along with the sweet tooth, I was also a junk food junkie. I am finding it hard to eat well because I never really have in my whole life. I didn't eat a ton, but what I did eat was usually terrible for me. This whole drinking a lot of milk thing is a little strange too.

One more stinky part of pregnancy...the terrible acne. It is much worse then it was before I went on Accutane to help get rid of my acne problems. Stinkin' hormones. On top of that, I can't use my normal skin lotion or scrub because it has salicylic acid which is not good for pregnant women to use (who knew?). I'm really hoping it will clear up a bit soon.

My nails are growing like crazy...that is cool...usually my thumb nails are really short...

I really am having a hard time getting over the laziness. I am 11 weeks right now and had my 11 week checkup today. I am hoping that by the time we head to Peru for a mission trip/visit to see Mel, that I will feel much better since I will be in my second trimester.

Despite all the sickness, I am really excited about growing a wee one. I am really anxious to find out if it is a boy or a girl. Julie A. bought us the cutest onezies you have ever seen...one in pink and one in white with silver rhinestone crosses on them. Can't do without the baby bling! :) The pink outfit is definitely for a girl but I can put my boy in the white one! :) Yay for cute baby clothes!!!!
Julie M. says that we can do better then "Peanut" for the baby nickname...anyone have any ideas?? :)

BVOTD: "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14 NIV

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gerald said...

Hang in there, Lacey, that morning sickness goes away for a lot of women around the end of the first trimester. Beth says it helps her to eat something as soon as she gets out of bed. Hopefully, you will start feeling better soon.

Those onesies are terrific! Although we have more onesies than Blake could possibly wear, I'm going to keep an eye out for something like that for him, too.

Also, I like the name "Peanut". If I weren't a manly man, I would say that it sounds very sweet and precious to me, but I am, so I won't. :-) We called Bailey "Tad" (short for Tadpole because she was about the size of a tadpole when Beth learned she was pregnant) until we knew she was a girl. At that point we started thinking about various girl names and never really thought of her as Tad anymore. Tad may not sound sweet or precious to others, but it certainly was to us. She was OUR little Tad. :-)

And finally, I want to tell Brad to enjoy his title of "best boy in the world" while he can. That's because the titles our wives give us are not permanent. Myself, I've had titles ranging as high as "best husband in the universe" all the way down to "best husband in our house" (as long as no other husband is present). And when you hit that low, it is a long climb back up, let me tell you. You have to go through "best husband on the block" to "best husband in town" to "best husband in the county" and so on and so on. So Brad, don't get too excited about the high accolades nor too depressed by the lows, just keep doing the best you can as one who loves a gracious God and you'll be fine.

7:27 AM, July 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lacey ~ GOD BLESS YOUR HUSBAND, I've seen how he spoils you and that is a good thing. You have to do something SPECIAL for him everyday too. It is wonderful to see how the two of you take care of each other. I truly believe God blesses each of us with a Special kind of person and when you meet and marry that person it's a W O N D E R F U L thing. The laziness and sleepness is part of pregnancy prepairing you for eventually giving birth to a precious Angel that is part of you and part of your husband. God Bless You Both

9:26 AM, July 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had the most fun last night coming up with possible names for the bump. Tessa's favorite was Pumpkin or Angel Baby and Gray liked Kay-sa-dilla.

Feel better sweetie--I can't say enough about Saltines, they saved me. And yay Brad! Keep it up, there is nothing more helpful to a pregnant woman than a supportive, understanding man, even when (or especially when) she isn't making any sense.

See you soon!

11:19 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Lacey said...

Love everyone's comments...they made me and Brad smile today!

Gerald, you should be a stand up comedian, seriously!!

Mom, the laziness and sleepiness wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to keep working and continuing with regular life, lol!! I really like to sleep! Thanks for the sweet note...I made sure Brad read your comment too!

Julie, I love the names you guys came up with. I laughed out loud this morning when Kevin told me. Brad knows exactly what you are talking about when you say "when she isn't making any sense" ...lol, that is me all the time! Pregnant or not! :)

7:27 PM, July 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home