A Cute Baby??
She squeezed that jelly stuff on my belly and let me hear the heartbeat (so amazing!!!!!!!). She said that the heart rate was 150 which is high (but normal). She said that could possibly mean that the baby is a girl because they tend to have higher heart rates but of course we won't know till we have the big sonogram in about 20 weeks (sooooooo long to wait, lol!).
After I got to hear the heartbeat she showed me the baby on the monitor again. The first thing she said when she saw the baby on the monitor was, "What a cute baby!!". (When I told Vicki that she said she laughed and said the doctor knew I would eat that up :) This time the baby was moving all around - last visit the baby was just kinda hanging out and not moving much. (When I told dad that he said “it’s like a little Lacey in there!”) All the movement may explain my morning/afternoon/evening sickness.
She said the baby is now about 5 cm and is much bigger then she/he was last time. (Four weeks ago the baby was 1 cm). I could see an eye and legs. So much cooler on the monitor…when she prints the photo it seems so blurry (although this time it really makes sense that the pic would be blurry with the baby dancing around like crazy). But I have an updated photo of the baby to show off now :)
It was so amazing to see the baby in there moving around. It will be really awesome to feel the baby moving inside of me...but the little tike is too teeny right now.
I gained one pound (which the doctor kind of scoffed at) but that is how much she told me to gain last time I was in. She said she was surprised that I didn't lose any since I have been sick. I am not sure how much I am supposed to gain right now…eventually it will be a pound a week (sounds hard to do!! But I guess it will be easier to gain if I stop being sick!). I really need to start exercising! I have been so lazy for the last couple of months! I guess women who work out quite a bit have to eat a lot to make up for the calories that they are burning. (I went walking with Brad tonight, yay! Except I am so out of shape and pathetic that by the time I got back home my legs were all red and itchy and burning because of a lack of oxygen...I also returned with blisters on both my feet - a far cry from my "in shape" days! lol I'm falling apart!).
They got all my blood and urine test results back from the last appointment and I don't have any sexually transmitted diseases (duh, coulda told her that before she sent it off but, alas, she must test for it anyway these days), I am not anemic, and my thyroid is fine. Oh, and my blood type is A+ (I had no clue what my blood type was)…So all my tests results were good. :)
I am still sad that if I have a question when my doctor’s office is not open (they are only open M-Th 8:00-3:00 & F 8:00-11:00) I can only call the hospital and they basically tell me to come into the ER. They don’t answer any questions or direct you to the doctor on call until you’re 20 weeks pregnant (sad!!). 9 more weeks till they really consider me pregnant…
I have another appointment in four weeks (I go back August 8th).
All around, I felt much better with the way the appointment went this time...my first appointment I didn't ask very many questions because I was pretty clueless. I feel better informed this round.
So, that about sums up my second doctor’s appointment. A really exciting day!! :)
BVOTD: "Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LORD. Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart." Psalm 119:1-2
Labels: Baby Peanut, Doctor Visits, Pregnancy


1 Comments:
How exciting! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home