11.22.2006

Thanksgiving...

always makes me breathe a little deeper and slow down a bit. It is a good reminder to give thanks to the Lord for all of the blessings He has placed in our lives. I truly am so very blessed!!!!

I have the best husband in the world. Truly. I could not have asked for a better person for me. Just shows you that God has so much better plans for us then we have for ourselves! I have the most wonderful family...we're all a little strange but it is a good strange. :) I have a job that pays the bills. I have the best friends a gal could ask for...just wish I got to see them all more! I get to serve the Lord with awesome people at CBS. I have a warm and cozy home :) I had the chance to attend CKU and meet some of my scrapbook "heroes" and even got to fly to Colorado to meet all kinds of crazy CBS people (and throw a snowball or two!). I have almost completed yet another year of college...looking forward to getting that wonderful piece of paper with my name on it. I am also so thankful for good health for all my loved ones. What are you thankful for this year?

Had a wonderful Turkey Day...ate a whole lot of food. I stayed up till 3 in the morning cooking for the festivities. I made pumpkin crisp (2), peanut butter fudge, mint fudge, chocolate chip cookies, Andes mint cookies, and a chocolate trifle.

I took lots of pictures from family gathering #1 (Brad's family) but I didn't take any at family gathering #2. Got some good ones of Jacob, Logan, & Brad playing with the football and Gene & Caden on the John Deere mower (that's a classic...Brad has them with Gene too). I didn't get a Turkey Day nap but I did get some good family time in :)

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with lots of food and family!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

The pumpkin crisp was excellent!!!

Dave and I wolfed them down over the next day or so! Yum, yum! I vote you make those a Thanksgiving tradition!

Wait--a Thanksgiving AND Christmas tradition! I can't wait until Thanksgiving to have that again... :oD

3:48 PM, December 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home