Mi Vida Loca 10.2.06
Life is indeed crazy these days. So hard to believe it is already October!!!! Rushing trying to get everything done before it is due...
Here is a small update while I'm waiting for Brad to get out of class...
*School…
Is actually going really well. I just got a test back that I took last week in Marketing Research. I did not study for it at all because I was doing shower stuff with Vicki. The test said 42% on it and I totally freaked out thinking it was like a normal test (worth 100 points). The gal that sits beside me was like "What are you talking about?! You made 102%!" lol I laughed until I cried. I forgot the test is only worth 40 points to begin with!!! (And there was a 10 point bonus question)...sooo needless to say, I feel much better about myself now.
All my other classes are going okay I guess. Advertising and Promotion is not going that well. We have to do “Status Reports” every week. My group is having a hard time getting the information together. The idea is that all of the status reports combine to form the big paper that is due at the end of the semester. Hopefully we can get it together.
Photography rocks. Loving it. I found out that I did not really ruin the film the first week of class…the teacher gave us some sketchy directions and told us to mix 3 ounces of fix with 10 ounces of water…she did not tell us that the bottle that we pour it from is already diluted so diluting it in 10 ounces of water is not enough fix to fix the film. I actually had images on my roll…I just didn’t know that I was supposed to add more fix. A couple other people in the class had to reshoot their rolls because of this discrepancy. No fun L But, all in all, it turned out to be okay. I shot two rolls of film for the first assignment and the roll that actually developed was what I needed for my assignment. I am now printing the pictures for the “space” assignment…portraits are next!! YAY!
Human Resources is going okay. We haven’t had any grades at all. We have the class every Tuesday night (even on Halloween!) but we only have two grades in there…a mid term (that happens to be a couple days after the wedding!) and a final…that is it. Hopefully I can study enough to do really well on the tests.
*Wedding news…
Perez, Liesel, Nelwyn, Aunt Imogene, my cousin Kristi, and I all got together at Perez’s aunt Lori and uncle Kirk’s house on Friday night. I wasn’t originally going to go because I had a lot of things to do but Nelwyn convinced me to go. We ate some yummy tortilla soup and layered dip…and then Nelwyn and I folded the ceremony handouts (I have no clue what to call those things) and attached the vellum piece that has their names and the date around it. Very cute. We also watched the “Weebels” video and “Buddy” to keep Miss Emily (the flower girl) entertained. (She just hung out…very calm and collected even when it was an hour past her bedtime.) We also folded a ton of puff balls to decorate the reception area. We basically folded tissue paper, wrapped a wire around it, cut the ends, and attached fishing line. We left them all flat… it is going to take us forever to fluff all 150+ balls when we hang them on Friday!!! It was a very fun get together and also very productive! (Always a good thing when it is almost a week till the wedding!)
We had Perez’s final wedding showers on Saturday. Liesel threw the Bridesmaid’s Luncheon at a really fancy restaurant. Everything was quite lovely.
Good food (shrimp!, salad, chipotle chicken, and the best cheesecake ever),
good friends (Perez, Vicki, Liesel, Heidi, mom, Nelwyn, & Lori),
good centerpieces (beautiful daisy bouquets),
good favors (Godiva chocolate!), and
good conversation (about thongs, pantyhose, see through dresses, you name it…the waiter enjoyed listening to from the doorway).
Each of the bridesmaids picked a charm from a glass (an old Victorian tradition).
Perez got “lucky in love”,
Heidi got “next to get married” (the engagement ring),
Vicki got “travel” (a flip flop),
Liesel got “eternal love”, and
I got “financial stability (a money tree).
Quite fun, I thought. She really did a great job planning. I enjoyed getting dressed up and going out for lunch on a Saturday (I got to see how most people live…no work on a Saturday…what a nice idea!).
After the luncheon, the gals came over to my house and we finished up on the puff balls. When we finished the decorations, we did a little cooking (pizza dip & bread) and Liesel & Perez went out to get a Chick-Fil-A nugget tray. J We had Perez’s lingerie shower/bachelorette party at 7:00 pm. It was just the 5 cousins because none of Perez’s friends could come.
-We drank some champagne,
-ate a lot of food (nuggets, Texas Caviar made by Liesel, pizza dip, chips, chocolate, and cookies from Ye Olde English Bakery),
-played “name the couple from this popular TV show” (they were pretty good at coming up with the names…but no one ever hummed the “Family Matters” song! We kept humming the “Full House” song instead!). (Perez won the game…apparently she watches a lot of TV!)
-Played how well do you know the bride and we also quizzed Perez on how well she knows her groom (she missed 8 out of 25…not bad). Like at my shower, we made her put a piece of bubble gum in her mouth for every question that she missed. She did kinda look like she had just gotten her wisdom teeth taken out by the end of the game…
-Drank some yummy strawberry daiquiris (virgin for me, thank you…I am too crazy for all that alcohol).
Perez went home with a new wardrobe and (I think) a good time was had by all. I miss getting together with all of them…this is the first time all five of us have been together (for an extended period of time) in years. Super fun.
It is so hard to believe that my little Perez will be a married woman on Saturday!!!!
*Running
Haven’t done much of it lately unfortunately. Brad and I went running last night at the park though…around 9:00. We only saw two people the entire time. However, we did see a lot of animals…a couple of cats, a bat, an itty bitty baby scorpion that Brad stepped on (ew, gross!), a ginormous spider that Brad also stepped on, an itty bitty baby frog that was just about the cutest thing ever, and a fox. Quite a night for critters at the park!! It felt good to run though. I hate being out of shape, it stinks. I plan to rollerblade this week…if only Brad would have a night off of installs!
*Scrapping
Not much time for it though I wish there was. My scrap room is a mess and I hate it when it is disorganized! I have a lot of projects that I need to work on. I turned in my first design team layout last Monday. It was a Christmas page called “The Neon Tree”. I’m currently working on a little baby album for Breann & David…I also have a project for Perez that I need to finish before Saturday.
Well, I must go…lots of pictures to come in the near future…my little Perez will be a married woman soon!!!!!!!
Life is indeed crazy these days. So hard to believe it is already October!!!! Rushing trying to get everything done before it is due...
Here is a small update while I'm waiting for Brad to get out of class...
*School…
Is actually going really well. I just got a test back that I took last week in Marketing Research. I did not study for it at all because I was doing shower stuff with Vicki. The test said 42% on it and I totally freaked out thinking it was like a normal test (worth 100 points). The gal that sits beside me was like "What are you talking about?! You made 102%!" lol I laughed until I cried. I forgot the test is only worth 40 points to begin with!!! (And there was a 10 point bonus question)...sooo needless to say, I feel much better about myself now.
All my other classes are going okay I guess. Advertising and Promotion is not going that well. We have to do “Status Reports” every week. My group is having a hard time getting the information together. The idea is that all of the status reports combine to form the big paper that is due at the end of the semester. Hopefully we can get it together.
Photography rocks. Loving it. I found out that I did not really ruin the film the first week of class…the teacher gave us some sketchy directions and told us to mix 3 ounces of fix with 10 ounces of water…she did not tell us that the bottle that we pour it from is already diluted so diluting it in 10 ounces of water is not enough fix to fix the film. I actually had images on my roll…I just didn’t know that I was supposed to add more fix. A couple other people in the class had to reshoot their rolls because of this discrepancy. No fun L But, all in all, it turned out to be okay. I shot two rolls of film for the first assignment and the roll that actually developed was what I needed for my assignment. I am now printing the pictures for the “space” assignment…portraits are next!! YAY!
Human Resources is going okay. We haven’t had any grades at all. We have the class every Tuesday night (even on Halloween!) but we only have two grades in there…a mid term (that happens to be a couple days after the wedding!) and a final…that is it. Hopefully I can study enough to do really well on the tests.
*Wedding news…
Perez, Liesel, Nelwyn, Aunt Imogene, my cousin Kristi, and I all got together at Perez’s aunt Lori and uncle Kirk’s house on Friday night. I wasn’t originally going to go because I had a lot of things to do but Nelwyn convinced me to go. We ate some yummy tortilla soup and layered dip…and then Nelwyn and I folded the ceremony handouts (I have no clue what to call those things) and attached the vellum piece that has their names and the date around it. Very cute. We also watched the “Weebels” video and “Buddy” to keep Miss Emily (the flower girl) entertained. (She just hung out…very calm and collected even when it was an hour past her bedtime.) We also folded a ton of puff balls to decorate the reception area. We basically folded tissue paper, wrapped a wire around it, cut the ends, and attached fishing line. We left them all flat… it is going to take us forever to fluff all 150+ balls when we hang them on Friday!!! It was a very fun get together and also very productive! (Always a good thing when it is almost a week till the wedding!)
We had Perez’s final wedding showers on Saturday. Liesel threw the Bridesmaid’s Luncheon at a really fancy restaurant. Everything was quite lovely.
Good food (shrimp!, salad, chipotle chicken, and the best cheesecake ever),
good friends (Perez, Vicki, Liesel, Heidi, mom, Nelwyn, & Lori),
good centerpieces (beautiful daisy bouquets),
good favors (Godiva chocolate!), and
good conversation (about thongs, pantyhose, see through dresses, you name it…the waiter enjoyed listening to from the doorway).
Each of the bridesmaids picked a charm from a glass (an old Victorian tradition).
Perez got “lucky in love”,
Heidi got “next to get married” (the engagement ring),
Vicki got “travel” (a flip flop),
Liesel got “eternal love”, and
I got “financial stability (a money tree).
Quite fun, I thought. She really did a great job planning. I enjoyed getting dressed up and going out for lunch on a Saturday (I got to see how most people live…no work on a Saturday…what a nice idea!).
After the luncheon, the gals came over to my house and we finished up on the puff balls. When we finished the decorations, we did a little cooking (pizza dip & bread) and Liesel & Perez went out to get a Chick-Fil-A nugget tray. J We had Perez’s lingerie shower/bachelorette party at 7:00 pm. It was just the 5 cousins because none of Perez’s friends could come.
-We drank some champagne,
-ate a lot of food (nuggets, Texas Caviar made by Liesel, pizza dip, chips, chocolate, and cookies from Ye Olde English Bakery),
-played “name the couple from this popular TV show” (they were pretty good at coming up with the names…but no one ever hummed the “Family Matters” song! We kept humming the “Full House” song instead!). (Perez won the game…apparently she watches a lot of TV!)
-Played how well do you know the bride and we also quizzed Perez on how well she knows her groom (she missed 8 out of 25…not bad). Like at my shower, we made her put a piece of bubble gum in her mouth for every question that she missed. She did kinda look like she had just gotten her wisdom teeth taken out by the end of the game…
-Drank some yummy strawberry daiquiris (virgin for me, thank you…I am too crazy for all that alcohol).
Perez went home with a new wardrobe and (I think) a good time was had by all. I miss getting together with all of them…this is the first time all five of us have been together (for an extended period of time) in years. Super fun.
It is so hard to believe that my little Perez will be a married woman on Saturday!!!!
*Running
Haven’t done much of it lately unfortunately. Brad and I went running last night at the park though…around 9:00. We only saw two people the entire time. However, we did see a lot of animals…a couple of cats, a bat, an itty bitty baby scorpion that Brad stepped on (ew, gross!), a ginormous spider that Brad also stepped on, an itty bitty baby frog that was just about the cutest thing ever, and a fox. Quite a night for critters at the park!! It felt good to run though. I hate being out of shape, it stinks. I plan to rollerblade this week…if only Brad would have a night off of installs!
*Scrapping
Not much time for it though I wish there was. My scrap room is a mess and I hate it when it is disorganized! I have a lot of projects that I need to work on. I turned in my first design team layout last Monday. It was a Christmas page called “The Neon Tree”. I’m currently working on a little baby album for Breann & David…I also have a project for Perez that I need to finish before Saturday.
Well, I must go…lots of pictures to come in the near future…my little Perez will be a married woman soon!!!!!!!
Labels: School


1 Comments:
Lacey, this is old news, so I must inform you that you will not receive credit for this post!
(I expected to see a few wedding pics ... boy was I disappointed! :Þ)
Post a Comment
<< Home