Yes, I Am Alive...
Sorry I have been absent from the blog lately...many apologies. Between school, work, wedding planning, and CBS, life has been a bit crazy. I think it will calm down soon (hopefully).
I think my classes are going to be pretty good. I am taking Advertising & Promotion, Human Resources, Marketing Research and Photography. Brad is in the Advertising & Promotion and Human Resources classes with me (which is really exciting because there aren't many classes left that we can take together since we are getting to the end of our college career...THANK THE LORD!! I have senioritis BAD!!). Brad is also taking Labor Relations (the most boring class ever), Retailing, and Strategic Management. He is taking 15 hours (plus Chapel on Wednesdays) and I am taking 12 hours. I can't get myself to sit down and do homework these days. I really don't like that the Human Resources class is a night class...6:00-9:00 on Tuesday nights...what is that anyway?! Who wants to be in class that late??? No one I tell you! We did get to spend the night at mom and dad's on Tuesday night though so that was fun...
I am sad that we have to commute five days a stinkin' week to go to school this semester! I have to wake up at the crack of dawn to go to school with Brad Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays for his 8:00 class and stay till 11:00 or 12:00 even though I only have a class from 9:00-9:50. Bummer, man. I feel like we are wasting so much time. It takes about an hour and ten minutes round trip...times five days...that is over five hours a week in the car traveling to and from school. What a waste of diesel (I surely am enjoying the new Jeep!) and time!!
I don't have two of my textbooks yet because I ordered them online and couldn't expedite them. Not so good considering this is my second week of school. It really is a bummer because I have a test next Wednesday in Marketing Research.
I am SO LOVING the photography class. Not sure why I didn't take one many semesters ago. I could be taking the advanced photography classes now if I had. This is actually the first "fun" class that I have taken in college!! (Kinda sad, huh?!). I have no clue what I am doing really...we are using old 35 mm cameras with black and white film...and I get to develop my own pictures in the darkroom next Thursday! How awesome is that?! I am looking forward to doing the assignments (they will totally get me out of my box because I am used to taking photos of people and will be taking photos of objects for the next couple weeks. I have never worked with camera settings so the idea of setting the F stop and shutter speed on a camera manually is very foreign to me. The teacher looked at the photos I took with the extra film she had (to make sure the camera was working correctly) and she said the photos were pretty good. A lot of them looked overexposed but she said that that is partly due to the fact it was the wrong kind of film. She said if we had developed them we could have fixed that. I had 400 film but 100 film would have been better since the photos were taken in such bright sunlight.
I made the design team at the scrapbook store!! That is really exciting because I have totally missed getting the opportunity to make a couple pages a month with paper that I wouldn't necessarily pick out for myself. I hear that my first kit is Christmas related! I am very excited to get started! :) I have also desperately missed taking classes…the classes are $20-$30 and I couldn’t get myself to spend that much money so I haven’t taken any since I was on the Design Team before.
Brad and I have been getting to work out at the gym a couple of days a week. It is so nice to be able to watch tv while running. I forget that I am running :) (Except when mean teachers change the station from Full House while I am watching it intently!!). We also get to watch Perez and Josh lift weights for their weight training class...quite humorous to watch little Perez lift. :) I have not been working out nearly enough lately. I am such a junk food freak and I need to work out! We have taken the new rollerblades out a couple times (around the neighborhood and to the park). Brad runs and I blade. I am still too slow for him to run consistently. He walks a while and then runs to catch up with me when I am going down hills. I am really lovin' them though! :) It is a lot easier to rollerblade in the park on the concrete than on the pavement.
I have a plane ticket to Colorado for CBS training in November (4th-7th) and I get to go with a couple of people that I know from Teen CBS. They are going to training for E Teen CBS (early teen for 6th-8th graders) which is really awesome. There is a big need for a ministry for middle schoolers in this area. I am really looking forward to training...and I am hoping that I will see some SNOW! It has been way too long since I saw that wonderful white stuff!
Haven't gotten to scrap much lately which is always sad because that is my stress relief. When I can't do it is when I really need it because more than likely if I am too busy to scrap then I am stressed out. I have made a few cards lately but that is about it. Hopefully I will get to scrap soon...
CKU is coming SOON!! (For those of you who are wondering what that is...it is Creating Keepsakes University where I get to attend scrapbook classes taught by really awesome scrapbookers). I really need to start getting pictures together for my classes. I still can't believe I get to go!! It is going to be SO FUN!!
Well, I must go. I have to finish up a group project charter and head to bed. I am an old lady that is not by any means a morning person...I keep napping on the way to work (from school). I am exhausted all the time!!!
Sorry I have been absent from the blog lately...many apologies. Between school, work, wedding planning, and CBS, life has been a bit crazy. I think it will calm down soon (hopefully).
I think my classes are going to be pretty good. I am taking Advertising & Promotion, Human Resources, Marketing Research and Photography. Brad is in the Advertising & Promotion and Human Resources classes with me (which is really exciting because there aren't many classes left that we can take together since we are getting to the end of our college career...THANK THE LORD!! I have senioritis BAD!!). Brad is also taking Labor Relations (the most boring class ever), Retailing, and Strategic Management. He is taking 15 hours (plus Chapel on Wednesdays) and I am taking 12 hours. I can't get myself to sit down and do homework these days. I really don't like that the Human Resources class is a night class...6:00-9:00 on Tuesday nights...what is that anyway?! Who wants to be in class that late??? No one I tell you! We did get to spend the night at mom and dad's on Tuesday night though so that was fun...
I am sad that we have to commute five days a stinkin' week to go to school this semester! I have to wake up at the crack of dawn to go to school with Brad Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays for his 8:00 class and stay till 11:00 or 12:00 even though I only have a class from 9:00-9:50. Bummer, man. I feel like we are wasting so much time. It takes about an hour and ten minutes round trip...times five days...that is over five hours a week in the car traveling to and from school. What a waste of diesel (I surely am enjoying the new Jeep!) and time!!
I don't have two of my textbooks yet because I ordered them online and couldn't expedite them. Not so good considering this is my second week of school. It really is a bummer because I have a test next Wednesday in Marketing Research.
I am SO LOVING the photography class. Not sure why I didn't take one many semesters ago. I could be taking the advanced photography classes now if I had. This is actually the first "fun" class that I have taken in college!! (Kinda sad, huh?!). I have no clue what I am doing really...we are using old 35 mm cameras with black and white film...and I get to develop my own pictures in the darkroom next Thursday! How awesome is that?! I am looking forward to doing the assignments (they will totally get me out of my box because I am used to taking photos of people and will be taking photos of objects for the next couple weeks. I have never worked with camera settings so the idea of setting the F stop and shutter speed on a camera manually is very foreign to me. The teacher looked at the photos I took with the extra film she had (to make sure the camera was working correctly) and she said the photos were pretty good. A lot of them looked overexposed but she said that that is partly due to the fact it was the wrong kind of film. She said if we had developed them we could have fixed that. I had 400 film but 100 film would have been better since the photos were taken in such bright sunlight.
I made the design team at the scrapbook store!! That is really exciting because I have totally missed getting the opportunity to make a couple pages a month with paper that I wouldn't necessarily pick out for myself. I hear that my first kit is Christmas related! I am very excited to get started! :) I have also desperately missed taking classes…the classes are $20-$30 and I couldn’t get myself to spend that much money so I haven’t taken any since I was on the Design Team before.
Brad and I have been getting to work out at the gym a couple of days a week. It is so nice to be able to watch tv while running. I forget that I am running :) (Except when mean teachers change the station from Full House while I am watching it intently!!). We also get to watch Perez and Josh lift weights for their weight training class...quite humorous to watch little Perez lift. :) I have not been working out nearly enough lately. I am such a junk food freak and I need to work out! We have taken the new rollerblades out a couple times (around the neighborhood and to the park). Brad runs and I blade. I am still too slow for him to run consistently. He walks a while and then runs to catch up with me when I am going down hills. I am really lovin' them though! :) It is a lot easier to rollerblade in the park on the concrete than on the pavement.
I have a plane ticket to Colorado for CBS training in November (4th-7th) and I get to go with a couple of people that I know from Teen CBS. They are going to training for E Teen CBS (early teen for 6th-8th graders) which is really awesome. There is a big need for a ministry for middle schoolers in this area. I am really looking forward to training...and I am hoping that I will see some SNOW! It has been way too long since I saw that wonderful white stuff!
Haven't gotten to scrap much lately which is always sad because that is my stress relief. When I can't do it is when I really need it because more than likely if I am too busy to scrap then I am stressed out. I have made a few cards lately but that is about it. Hopefully I will get to scrap soon...
CKU is coming SOON!! (For those of you who are wondering what that is...it is Creating Keepsakes University where I get to attend scrapbook classes taught by really awesome scrapbookers). I really need to start getting pictures together for my classes. I still can't believe I get to go!! It is going to be SO FUN!!
Well, I must go. I have to finish up a group project charter and head to bed. I am an old lady that is not by any means a morning person...I keep napping on the way to work (from school). I am exhausted all the time!!!


3 Comments:
I'm so glad that you are enjoying your photography class! You're making me wish I had signed up for it too. Congrats on making the design team! That's so exciting. Alright! A kit full of Christmas stuff! Right up you alley! ;)
what are your dates for CKU?
if it makes you feel any better, just remember my round trip to where i work is 3 hours a day =) You're right it does seem like a waste of time sometimes. But I have lots of things to look at in this city, along with memorizing scripture.
what do you do for so long the 3 days a week brad has all those classes and you only have 1?? do you get all of your homework done? my comment is going to be as long as your post!
wow you're gonna be busy! congrats on winning! i guess you're noticing that i have a blog now??
Post a Comment
<< Home