8.17.2006

Feeling a Little Ovewhelmed...

in a good way :)

So, those of you who know me know that I have been involved in TCBS (Teen Community Bible Study) for the last 6 years (this is my 7th). I started out as a student for a few years, then became a Core Leader and did that for a few years, and this year I am the Coordinator. It involves using the computer software to take roll, print name tags, update the online lesson, cut and laminate Bible verses, keep binders up-to-date with lessons, etc. Well, I go to training in November but our Bible study starts this Monday. I am feeling a little lost but met with a past CBS Coordinator (also my Sunday school teacher) to try to figure out the system.

The CBS Servant's Team met on August 7th to see the new place where we are meeting...it is ginormous...to say the least. I feel like we are out of our league. We are coming from a church with a small and intimate setting, where the kids met closely together to a huge, new place this year. (We are going to be on the third floor if that tells you anything!!) It is newly built and painted. The floor looks like diamond-grid metal (they are actually vinyl tiles) and the place is just amazing. They have an area with café chairs and tables set up where they are going to have a coffee house. The stage is a little bit offset from the floor area. It is going to be wonderful. It is closer for most of the kids that come.

When we met with the youth pastor, he led us through the building and pointed out the classrooms…they will have tvs in all of them (which we won’t use but wow!) and wireless Internet. CRAZY! Julie told me this morning that she realized that I can do all the roll and name tags there while everyone meets for small group. WOW!! That is really awesome, people!! The youth pastor is really excited to have us...he even prayed for us right there in the hallway! What a blessing!!

It is a little bit overwhelming trying to learn all of my new duties. I made bounded books of lessons for all of the leaders (19 books) with Vicki on Sunday (BIG THANKS to you Vick, for all of your help with that and cutting out the memory verses!). They were a big hit on Monday...we have never had them before (we always get the lessons one by one each week) though most of us have wanted the book bounded.

I am such a lucky gal to have one of my best friends, Mary Anna, as my assistant at CBS this year. We have big plans on things we are going to do this year. It will be so much fun to work by her side this year! (Thanks, MAM, for accepting the position!).

The kickoff party this Monday went really well. The theme for the year is: “This is your life…How will you choose to live it???” and the verse for the year is: “What kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.” 2 Peter 3:11-12

We had a series of rooms for the teens to go in…starting with the baby room (one of the leaders held a baby), then to the graduation room (where MAM gave a speech), the marriage room (with me and Brad and Marcos as a preacher man), a career room (complete with a phone, building plans, and a computer), and the last room was a funeral (my Sunday school teacher was in the casket…Bryan did his eulogy).

In each room they filled out a few questions…like What is your earliest childhood memory?, What are you looking forward to during the teen years?, What are five things you are looking for in a spouse?, What is your career and what will you be willing to do for God during this stage of your life?, What is written on your tombstone?, Will you end up in Heaven or Hell?.

I did the same questions at CBS a few years ago…I should look up my answers and see what I put. I love the way it makes the teens think about the future…such a cool thing.

Brad and I enjoyed getting married again (6 times!)…we actually recited our vows from our wedding. We wore “Bride” and “Groom” shirts and at the end Marcos took our picture (a court house wedding needs a picture, too!).

One of the teens told their leader “It’s a good thing that he is not a real preacher or they really would be married!” and the leader laughed and said “They already are!” :)

We had 33 teens at the kickoff party (with 10 new teens) and I know that we will grow this year.

I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to serve the Lord in this way. I love organizing and typing and doing office stuff in general...this job is right up my alley.

Please keep CBS in your prayers as we get the year started. Please pray that we keep our focus on the Lord and that His Will would be done in every detail of the Bible study. I know He is going to do awesome things this year!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are just right for the job!!

5:51 AM, August 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The place is AMAZING! And Mel is right, you are just right for the job. I'm glad that I get to be your right hand. If I can help you in any way, let me know!!! I don't want you to get too stressed.

6:43 PM, August 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home