12.18.2008

We're Getting Ready...

for Christmas!!!

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. We have our tree up in the Christmas tree room, a blue tinsel itty bitty Christmas tree up in Luke's room, our fiber optic snowman shining on the mantle, Santa kneeling to baby Jesus on our table, Christmas cards up on the shelf, and a wreath on our front door. No outside lights this year except for on the wreath. This is the first year we haven't had outdoor Christmas lights in a long time (perhaps since Brad's first Christmas here when he had just bought the house!) but, alas, we are busy this year. It seems like a lot of people cut the outdoor decorating this year.

Christmas cards are in the making. It is such a long process to make those babies! Printing labels, finding addresses for people who have moved, writing our Christmas letter, sending it to my editor (thanks, Vicki), picking a photo, making the cards, picking them up, stuffing them, stamping them, etc. Oy. But I do love having them from each year and letting everyone catch up on what we've been up to! I always love to get Christmas letters...always a nice surprise to get one in the mail!!

We are planning to take Mr. Luke out to see some Christmas lights tonight. Since he still has to face backwards in his car seat he can't see all the wonderful lights...so we're going to put him in his stroller so that he can see all the lights :) I think he is going to be really excited! He loved the Christmas stroll last week...all the lights...all the people! He was in heaven! Thankfully, he is finally over his sickness (He has been congested lately...as am I! I had a terrible virus for 4 days last week...it was so sad to miss out on 4 days in the month of December!!!) and we are hoping that he won't get it again! It is supposed to be warmer out tonight so he won't be a little block of ice! :)

As for Christmas shopping...I am slowly but surely getting it knocked out. I still have 10 or so people to shop for though! But I have mostly wrapped the presents that I have purchased so far. I have done almost all of my shopping at Target this year....boy do I ever love that store!!

Well, just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas...hope that you are enjoying this season as much as we are!!!! :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lacey ~ You better bundle up Little Luke because it is freezing outside. We are setting right next to the fireplace to keep warm. I am wrapping gifts also. I have to work late the next two nights and geting off at 6:00 on Wednesday night.
Love Mom and Dad

4:02 PM, December 21, 2008  
Blogger Mary Anna said...

Yeah, I was kinda sad to see that not as many ppl put up Christmas lights outside this year. I always enjoy getting your Christmas cards, so it's well worth all the work you put into it. :) The wallet you got me was by far the best Christmas present I got! (Although my audio bible is up there) I was so excited about it, so thank you! I love it! :)

9:01 PM, January 27, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home