1 Cm Down, 9 to Go!
I went in for my 10th doctors appointment (my 37 week appointment) today. I gained 2 pounds since my last appointment two weeks ago (over Christmas & New Years!!!) for a grand total of 36 pounds gained thus far. (164 to 166 pounds.) I feel pretty good about that considering how much fluid I know I am retaining (I look like a blimp!)!
The doctor says I have dilated 1 cm (only 9 to go!). My belly was 35" which is down an inch from last time...she says Luke has dropped a bit more (she could put her hand between my rib cage where Luke used to be). My doctor thinks that I probably won't go beyond my due date.
My blood pressure was a little higher than usual, but the doctor says it isn't enough of a difference to be concerned about.
I tested positive for Group B Strep which basically means that I have to take a couple of doses of penicillin before Luke is born.
I was supposed to get another ultrasound today but it didn't happen, so I will get one at my next appointment next week. All in all, things are progressing along quite nicely. :) I have another appointment set up for January 10th.
Feeling okay this week except for feeling tired and big as a house and suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand. Who knew carpal tunnel was so terrible??? My fingers on my right hand (except for the pinky and half the ring finger) are all tingly all the time (it feels like I slept on my hand). I need to go get a wrist brace to see if that will help. It stinks to write which is such a bummer because I need to be working on Luke's baby album before he comes!! Not to mention I still have to type while I'm at work!
Speaking of work...I am hoping to start taking off more days soon. I believe the inlaws are in denial and think that I can be there everyday till Luke comes (and then I think they believe I will be back the day after he comes, lol!!). It is getting so hard to get around at work and I am getting so lazy it is not even funny.
Write up a refund? Eh.
Lower my legs and get up out of my comfy chair to answer the phone? Not so much.
Enter gazillions of invoices? No, thanks. I'd rather not.
Somehow it is so much more difficult to do everything. I just feel like laying around and sleeping all day. I also really want to clean the house because it's such a mess...though it is improving every day. We are down a sofa, big chair, ottoman, and Christmas tree (yes, ladies and gents, we finally took down the Christmas tree!) and the place is starting to look a little roomy even! :) I just really need to attack all the piles of clutter and throw things away!! Wish me luck! I need to work efficiently to get it all done before Luke arrives! :)
BVOTD: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8
The doctor says I have dilated 1 cm (only 9 to go!). My belly was 35" which is down an inch from last time...she says Luke has dropped a bit more (she could put her hand between my rib cage where Luke used to be). My doctor thinks that I probably won't go beyond my due date.
My blood pressure was a little higher than usual, but the doctor says it isn't enough of a difference to be concerned about.
I tested positive for Group B Strep which basically means that I have to take a couple of doses of penicillin before Luke is born.
I was supposed to get another ultrasound today but it didn't happen, so I will get one at my next appointment next week. All in all, things are progressing along quite nicely. :) I have another appointment set up for January 10th.
Feeling okay this week except for feeling tired and big as a house and suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand. Who knew carpal tunnel was so terrible??? My fingers on my right hand (except for the pinky and half the ring finger) are all tingly all the time (it feels like I slept on my hand). I need to go get a wrist brace to see if that will help. It stinks to write which is such a bummer because I need to be working on Luke's baby album before he comes!! Not to mention I still have to type while I'm at work!
Speaking of work...I am hoping to start taking off more days soon. I believe the inlaws are in denial and think that I can be there everyday till Luke comes (and then I think they believe I will be back the day after he comes, lol!!). It is getting so hard to get around at work and I am getting so lazy it is not even funny.
Write up a refund? Eh.
Lower my legs and get up out of my comfy chair to answer the phone? Not so much.
Enter gazillions of invoices? No, thanks. I'd rather not.
Somehow it is so much more difficult to do everything. I just feel like laying around and sleeping all day. I also really want to clean the house because it's such a mess...though it is improving every day. We are down a sofa, big chair, ottoman, and Christmas tree (yes, ladies and gents, we finally took down the Christmas tree!) and the place is starting to look a little roomy even! :) I just really need to attack all the piles of clutter and throw things away!! Wish me luck! I need to work efficiently to get it all done before Luke arrives! :)
BVOTD: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8
Labels: Doctor Visits, Pregnancy


2 Comments:
Lacey ~ On your next visit make sure your Doctor does an ultrasound so she can tell the position of Luke. Your carpel tunnel is caused by the your hand being swollen and will go away on it's own after the baby arrives. Make a list of questions you want to ask the Doctor, it always helps because when a person goes in to see a Doctor you forget. Relax!
Love Mom
ha ha, for the last time you do not look like a blimp! carpal tunnel stinks! I'm sorry that you got it. :/ You're funny. I wouldn't want to do those things either. I still have a hard time believing that the Christmas tree is down! Crazy!
Post a Comment
<< Home