11.23.2007

A Wedding Reception & A Baby Shower

Lots has happened since I wrote last...I will try not to leave anything out!

Alicia and Robert tied the knot on Friday, November 16th. We all celebrated with a reception at a local country club. Went a little crazy trying to plan the reception in a week but I think we got everything done and everyone had a wonderful time. I took their engagement photos early on in the week and had some printed up to display...also made some wallet sized photos so people could take some home with them. I was also kinda the informal photographer at the reception (which is not so good since I don't have a clue how to use camera settings and don't get along with the flash so much). I tried my best and got some cute ones...tried to take photos of everyone that came.










Had my first baby shower on Sunday thrown by the wonderful Perez, her sister Liesel, her momma Nelwyn, Linda W., and Julie. It was so amazing. I felt like I was on the show "Live Like a Star" and was getting a famous person baby shower! Honestly! Everything was so beautiful! And everyone was so incredibly generous!
This little boy is very loved I can already tell.
As a hostess gift, I received Luke's car seat which makes me all giddy inside since I can't take him home without that piece of equipment. I also received 4 handmade blankets (did I mention that my family is very crafty and talented?!). I received a handmade blanket from my Aunt Imogene and I didn't even know that she crocheted!! Can't wait to take pictures of Luke laying on it; it's beautiful! I also received 2 blankets from my Aunt Linda; 1 with trains & cars and the other with baby Snoopy. One side has the print and the other side is made of incredibly soft material. I'm sure he will love being wrapped up in those blankets! I also received a blanket from Granny Hill that she started making for Brad when he was a baby and just finished it recently. It is a cow jumping over the moon blanket. Totally cute. I received tons of hooded towels, diapers, and onesies. I also got a baby tub/shower, Diaper Genie II, baby scale, diaper bag (it is soooo cute!), and a convertible lounger/chair.

Perez went so above and beyond...she bought Jones soda bottles (Berry Lemonade flavor) with Luke's ultrasound picture...got me the cutest corsage to wear...framed cute baby cards in floating frames...had boxes of "It's a Boy" gum cigars...brown and blue polka dotted ribbon on the tables...bought blue hydrangeas to decorate the tables...made "flowers" out of a white pot, toothpicks, and different colored blue cupcakes (a Martha Stewart idea)...made a four tier diaper cake for the food table...made 2 diaper wreaths to hang on the door...inflated blue balloons to lead the people into the conference room...had a friend make the cutest onesie cookies in clear bags with blue ribbons tied on them to decorate the tables...and Julie made the yummiest blue cream cheese icing frosted milk & dark chocolate polka dotted cake I have ever seen (now if I can only keep myself from eating it!!)... I mean, seriously. Amazing What a blessed girl I am!!! :)










I went to my 7th doctor's appointment (my 29 week appointment) on November 14th . It was so weird going to the doctor after only 2 weeks had passed! Well, good news! I didn't gain any weight! So I am still weighing in at 156 pounds...and my belly was still 29". My doctor says that I am retaining about 5 pounds...so, technically, I have only gained like 21 pounds, right?! lol! His heart rate was 150 and he was actually kicking while she was trying to find his heartbeat. The doctor says that I don't have gestational diabetes or anemia and that my blood work came out fine. So that is good :) I go back on December 5th for another checkup.

This little guy is very active. Starting Sunday night, little Luke has decided to push as hard as he can on my belly and hold for it as long as he can. It is a very odd feeling. I am used to all the kicks but not to him just pushing with his all his might. lol :)

Still feeling pretty good. Am getting a bit sick of retaining weight and not being able to wear my wedding & cross rings. Oh, the joys of pregnancy! ;) I need to buy a good chain to put my wedding ring on...just makes me nervous that it will break and I will lose it. My face is still ugly as can be. I think I should go see a dermatologist soon. I don't want to scar! Not sure what I can really use to help my skin though. Hopefully it will get a bit better soon (but I am guessing it won't be until well after he is born). I still can't believe how big my tummy is getting! I am a big fan of the elastic/supportive shirts that I got. I wear them everyday and notice a huge different when I don't have it on. By the early afternoon I definitely start feeling the weight of my belly. I am liking wearing the leggings under my jeans too.
I need to get my booty busy on thank you notes is what I need to do!!!!! I am actually going to get started working on them this weekend...just have to get my card factory cranking! I am not sure how I can even begin to thank everyone for how wonderful it was and how happy it made me!! I certainly felt loved on Sunday!!!!
So now the extra room (the room with the Christmas tree) is full of presents (stay tuned for some "before pictures...my wonderful sisters have decided to help me overcome my crazy huge mess!! Vicki sorted baby clothes & assorted goods today and next Saturday I think Amanda and Vicki are going to work on painting Luke's room and organizing all of our stuff!!)! I have decided that I do not like the smell of diapers...not sure why...just kinda grosses me out. Is that weird? I hate the "scented" smell that some stuff has...

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving...didn't take a single photo!! We were missing quite a few close family members but we got some good food and had a lively pool tournament at mom and dad's house! I have so much to be thankful for this year!!!
I am looking forward to a baby shower with friends this Saturday afternoon. I hope to see some friends that I haven't seen in a while!! It is always good to catch up!

BVOTD: My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in. Proverbs 3:11-12

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lacey ~ You are SPECIAL! and Blessed. They definately gave you a wonderful baby shower and showered you with the best gifts. Your Aunts, my sister-in-laws are the best in the world. I wish I had their talents - Alyssa and Liesel get this from them. My cousin Linda is one-of-a-kind always there for anyone and everyone. You have the best friends in the world and they all have one thing in common they love you. God Bless You and your new baby that is coming into the world to make you and Brad a HAPPY FAMILY.Love You! You also have the best sisters in the world you know.

2:39 PM, November 26, 2007  
Blogger Amanda said...

It's going to take me a week to get all this paint off of me!

9:16 PM, December 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did i know they were getting married??!

i get to see you tomorrow :)

8:23 AM, December 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, Perez went all out!!! Glad you had such a lovely shower. Sad I couldn't make it. :(

10:28 PM, December 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home