Waiting, Waiting, & More Waiting
So, I have had a very interesting last couple of days waiting for baby Luke to come. Brad took our laptop into the shop to get it worked on so I haven't been able to update the ole' blog lately (and I am incredibly bored at home with ghetto TV and no computer).
Last night my contractions were coming really close together. I had been having them all day long (usually I only get them in the evening) and I even woke up almost every hour during the night on Saturday night feeling them (I usually either don't have them at night or they aren't strong enough to wake me).
Vicki, Brad, and I were timing them and they were 9 minutes apart, then 8 minutes, then started getting around 4 or 5 minutes apart so we called in Perez. We had her looking up information for us from her nursing textbooks. I took a shower (because Perskys always go to the hospital clean, lol) and Brad did some nesting (he started shredding a ton of papers). It was quite funny.
We decided to wait a bit before going to the hospital so we stopped at Monument for dinner (I got tortilla soup and a chocolate milkshake, lol...they thought I should have liquids). Then we headed over to the hospital. I wasn't really sure that it was time to go in but the contractions were so close together! My doctor had told me to come in when they were 5 minutes apart for an hour.
They ended up hooking me up to the monitors for an hour to check my progress. The nurse said that I was 2 1/2 cms but was concerned about my blood pressure. When I first went in my diastolic was around 100 (dang!). It continued to go down from there. By the time we left my BP was like 121/82! My contractions were still 2-3 minutes apart but since I didn't dilate anymore (or so nurse Veronica said) they sent me home. It was a good practice run through though.
We tried telling Luke he would have no nightly storytime until he came out but it didn't work! I enjoyed getting to hear the baby move around in there. At one point we were watching the monitor and Luke's heart rate was 150 and then Brad leaned over and started talking to him and it shot up to 180...we enjoyed that :) We were so wishing he would have come last night!
Had my 14th doctor's appointment (my 40 week checkup) this morning. My blood pressure was a little bit high once again (whose blood pressure wouldn't be at this point, though?!)...124/93 I believe...the first number might be off though? I am actually down 2 pounds from last week so I am back to 170 with a grand total weight gain of 40 pounds. My belly measured 37" once again...she thinks he is still getting lower.
The doctor said that I am 3 cms (only 7 cm to go!) and 75% effaced. (And I do not believe that I gained that 1/2 cm overnight). She did an ultrasound and measured him...she thinks he is around 7 pounds and 2 ounces but said that it could be off by as much as 1 pound and 2 ounces. She said the amniotic fluid level is going down in there...it was at a 14 a few weeks ago and now it is at an 8. The placenta is geting some calcifications since it is getting old.
She set an appointment to induce me on Thursday at 6:00 am if he has not come by then. So we will have a little one by Friday at the latest! Crazy!! :)
P.S. Vicki took some more pictures of us yesterday but they are not on my camera so I will have to post them later :) And I have his birth announcement all planned out...just need my laptop to start working on it!! :)
BVOTD: "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12
Last night my contractions were coming really close together. I had been having them all day long (usually I only get them in the evening) and I even woke up almost every hour during the night on Saturday night feeling them (I usually either don't have them at night or they aren't strong enough to wake me).
Vicki, Brad, and I were timing them and they were 9 minutes apart, then 8 minutes, then started getting around 4 or 5 minutes apart so we called in Perez. We had her looking up information for us from her nursing textbooks. I took a shower (because Perskys always go to the hospital clean, lol) and Brad did some nesting (he started shredding a ton of papers). It was quite funny.
We decided to wait a bit before going to the hospital so we stopped at Monument for dinner (I got tortilla soup and a chocolate milkshake, lol...they thought I should have liquids). Then we headed over to the hospital. I wasn't really sure that it was time to go in but the contractions were so close together! My doctor had told me to come in when they were 5 minutes apart for an hour.
They ended up hooking me up to the monitors for an hour to check my progress. The nurse said that I was 2 1/2 cms but was concerned about my blood pressure. When I first went in my diastolic was around 100 (dang!). It continued to go down from there. By the time we left my BP was like 121/82! My contractions were still 2-3 minutes apart but since I didn't dilate anymore (or so nurse Veronica said) they sent me home. It was a good practice run through though.
We tried telling Luke he would have no nightly storytime until he came out but it didn't work! I enjoyed getting to hear the baby move around in there. At one point we were watching the monitor and Luke's heart rate was 150 and then Brad leaned over and started talking to him and it shot up to 180...we enjoyed that :) We were so wishing he would have come last night!
Had my 14th doctor's appointment (my 40 week checkup) this morning. My blood pressure was a little bit high once again (whose blood pressure wouldn't be at this point, though?!)...124/93 I believe...the first number might be off though? I am actually down 2 pounds from last week so I am back to 170 with a grand total weight gain of 40 pounds. My belly measured 37" once again...she thinks he is still getting lower.
The doctor said that I am 3 cms (only 7 cm to go!) and 75% effaced. (And I do not believe that I gained that 1/2 cm overnight). She did an ultrasound and measured him...she thinks he is around 7 pounds and 2 ounces but said that it could be off by as much as 1 pound and 2 ounces. She said the amniotic fluid level is going down in there...it was at a 14 a few weeks ago and now it is at an 8. The placenta is geting some calcifications since it is getting old.
She set an appointment to induce me on Thursday at 6:00 am if he has not come by then. So we will have a little one by Friday at the latest! Crazy!! :)
P.S. Vicki took some more pictures of us yesterday but they are not on my camera so I will have to post them later :) And I have his birth announcement all planned out...just need my laptop to start working on it!! :)
BVOTD: "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12
Labels: Doctor Visits, Pregnancy


2 Comments:
C'mon, Luke! Get out of there! Aren't you feeling pretty squished yet??!!!
ha ha, I loved the story how Luke's BP raised after hearing his daddy talk to him! How cute! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home