5.15.2006

My Weekend...

I always have lovely weekends; however, they always go by way too fast!! On Friday Brad and I finished up our first week of school and then went to Target to buy some mommy's day presents and Chick-Fil-A (because...where else would we go?!). I love spending time with Brad...he is just so much fun and so silly and always keeps me laughing.

After work on Saturday, Vicki picked me up and we headed over to Amanda's for a scrapping extravanganaza. Before heading to Amanda's we decided we would stop at Fazolis for some dinner...not the best idea we've ever had. I tried to make small talk with the girl at the counter but she basically told me that she hated working there and wished that she didn't have to be there because it is a terrible place to work. I think that was the consensus of all the people that worked there...even the manager seemed frustrated (or we thought he was the manager?). At one point the girl told Vicki that she didn't want to ring up her slice of cheesecake so she should just take it. Vicki and I looked at each other in shock and she put the money on the counter...which she may have pocketed? Somehow they ran out of meat sauce at an Italian restaurant...and I also saw the guy in the back touch my pizza without gloves. It was an unpleasant experience, really. You could tell they did not have Jesus!!!!! They were so negative and disgusted with the world. It is amazing what a difference He makes!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't understand how people get through difficult situations without Him...He is my source of peace and love and a constant companion that never leaves me.

After the Fazolis incident, we headed to Amanda & Dave's. We haven't been there in so long it was strange but nice (hint, hint, Amanda...do not forget we are alive) and brought back lots of fun memories from back in the day. I also got to see my favorite cousin Perez...so that is always nice :) AND! She brought us candy! Which is ALWAYS welcomed! :) (YUM! Gummi coke bottles, Razzles, coffee flavored candy, and cow tales!). I got a little bit of scrapping done but not much. Nothing postable, that is for sure! And to top the night off, Perez spent the night and went to church with us on Sunday!

After early service and Sunday school, we got some stuff for school in line and I took a little nap (I am a little sleep deprived lately). Then we headed to mom and dad's...we ate some really yummy fajitas, played Life (the boardgame which I haven't played in a long time and was really excited about it...), watched the Survivor finale (even though at least 3 out of 6 of us had never seen any of the other episodes). Then Brad and I went home to study for our Team Management test...not the best timing for a test really. I didn't do all that well on it but we'll see what I end up with!

So, all in all, it was a really nice weekend...I was definitely not looking forward to going to school today. And there is no CBS to make Mondays better! :( I will be excited when the Bible Trek starts up in June!!! I miss Bible study!

4 Comments:

Blogger mel_peru said...

aww, lace you're great! you're always so cheerful and encouraging. hope your summer school goes well! hey, my mom commented on my second to last post! I was very, very impressed with her ;-)

5:27 PM, May 15, 2006  
Blogger mel_peru said...

I got the best package today! Let's see, it had 2 bags of jellybeans, 2 things of peeps, 2 things of gum, and 1 bag of circus peanuts...and a beautiful handmade card! =) You know what I like! Customs did go through it pretty good, and the thing that had your name and address on it definitely wasn't your handwriting! Either brad wrote it for you or customs had to put a new one on. It took a month and 2 days to get here, but God knew when I would need it most! THANK YOU!!!

12:24 PM, May 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a pretty fun weekend. We need to get together soon. I miss you. I can't believe we haven't really hung out since school is over (spring semester that is). Yeah, I just need to call you and catch you up to speed on Austin and everything else.

1:30 PM, May 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a good weekend since you got to see all of your family! my family also watched the survivor finale, but i hadn't seen any of the other episodes so i didn't really care who won. i can't believe it was 3 hours!

11:18 AM, May 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home